Introducing my guitars

Under this heading you can announce your own events and work products, including the publications of books, magazines, sheet music, CDs, videos, guitars you build, professional events like shows, training courses, festivals and competitions. Any member of the forum who wishes, may open a thread in this forum (but only one) using his/her name for the promotion of their efforts without limitation on the number of posts.
Eduardo Bossa

Introducing my guitars

Post by Eduardo Bossa » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:56 pm

Hello, I am a classical guitar maker and new to this forum; after having introduced myself, I now want to introduce my guitars to you.

I make two kinds of guitars: one is a Concert guitar model which aims to be a top of the line guitar with all the sound quality, volume, feel, and ergonomics you would expect from a luthier made Concert classical guitar. I hand make these guitars 100% myself using the best of my skill and knowledge to make the best sounding and looking guitar I can make. I do not make copies of other maker's guitars, but I do borrow ideas from many of the greats. Their construction is standard fan braced (except for some custom orders).

A new line of guitars I am launching right now is the Recital guitar model. These are guitars that, in terms of playability, comfort, sound, feel, and volume, are on par with Concert level guitars, even my own. However, I am aiming to hit a more budget friendly zone, bridging the gap between the higher end factory made guitars and the starting price for luthier made guitars. But don't misinterpret me, they are not cheap guitars, nor are they cheaply made. I make these guitars in my shop, with a couple of craftsmen under my direction, in small numbers. I do not cut costs on essential aspects of the guitar, such as woods. I limit luxury appointments that don't affect the guitar's performance. After all, it's nice to have leather seats on your car, but they won't make it perform any better... These come in two versions: an all wood lattice braced version, and a traditional fan braced version. Solid woods are used all throughout.

The idea for the Recital guitars came from my time as a classical guitar student at the Conservatory. It was always a big issue among all classical guitar students finding a suitable guitar. Most of them had the best factory guitar they could afford, but sooner or later the limitations of these guitars started holding them back. Others had to settle for 2nd or 3rd hand luthier made guitars, but they didn't get to pick; and most of the time it wasn't a great match for them. Few lucky (and wealthy) ones were able to afford and pick their own luthier made guitar. My Recital guitars are designed and conceived for guitarists that need an instrument that won't hold them back, but that they can actually afford.

I get questions about the differences between my Concert and Recital models; after all, who would buy one of my Concert guitars if the Recital guitars are as good as I say? Well if you ask me, maybe the Recital guitars perform 97%+ as good as the Concert guitars. The main difference, I would say, is that the Concert guitars are perhaps a bit more complex and lush. But they are different instruments altogether: different plantilla, different bracing, different sound. And of course, the Concert guitars have the more luxurious details.

I value the opinion of this forum greatly, from guitarists at all skill levels to fellow guitar makers. I would love to know what you think, opinions, general comments, etc. I want to listen and try to improve my guitars every day. If anyone has the chance to try out one of my guitars and give me your feedback, that would be awesome. Currently Savage Classical Guitar has some, and Dulcet Guitars will be receiving some soon.

Sorry for the long post... Thank you for bearing with me.
www.eduardobossaguitarras.com

RobMacKillop

Re: Introducing my guitars

Post by RobMacKillop » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:59 pm

Pictures? Website? Prices? Whereabouts?

RobMacKillop

Post by RobMacKillop » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:00 pm

Ah, I've just seen your web address as your Signature.

Christopher Langley
Student of the online lessons

Post by Christopher Langley » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:09 pm

Interested in the recital series. Would love to have a ballpark price. I guess I'll send an email.
Studying Jazz and Blues now.. So it goes friends. I might make a return to Classical at some point.

Eduardo Bossa

Post by Eduardo Bossa » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:23 pm

Hi Rob! Yes you are correct, I forgot one of the basic things :oops: : ALWAYS MENTION YOUR WEBSITE :D

Yes, it is in my signature, but here it goes again anyway: www.eduardobossaguitarras.com

Some additional info: I am based in Colombia, South America, but am starting to send some guitars to the USA. It is perhaps easier if you live in the US or Canada to inquire with one of the dealers I mentioned above.

Christopher, please email me so we can discuss any inquiries you may have.

Thanks!!

Christopher Langley
Student of the online lessons

Post by Christopher Langley » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:43 pm

Everybody take a look at Savage Classical Guitars! They have a nice write up on the luthier and he has a couple nice looking recital guitars with them at the moment!
Studying Jazz and Blues now.. So it goes friends. I might make a return to Classical at some point.

Nikos_Greek

Post by Nikos_Greek » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:21 pm

hello Eduardo!
I wish you all the best with your business. unfortunately, an ocean separates us and I don't think I will be able to see your guitars in person. For those more fortunate guys in the US ans elsewhere why don't you upload and clips with your guitars?
Best of luck for the future!
Nikos

Eduardo Bossa

Post by Eduardo Bossa » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:49 pm

Hi Nikos,

Thank you for your kind words! Yes, I am working on recording some good quality, neutral audio clips that will hopefully let you listen to the "real" guitar sounds (or at least as close as possible). However, this is something I am doing mostly by myself, so I have to divide my time to do a little bit of everything: sales, permits (CITES), purchasing, web page, pictures, etc... and of course, making guitars! So it is a slow process, but I'll get there in due time.
So far Savage recorded a clip with one of my traditional braced Recital guitars; you can hear it here (scroll down the page): https://www.*** Commercial link removed ***.com/product ... ruce-eirw/ I believe that until I get my own clips up and running, this is a good alternative.
Thanks again!

Eduardo Bossa

Post by Eduardo Bossa » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:53 pm

Hi,

I should have known that posting a link to a commercial website was controlled in this forum, sorry. Anyway, you can go to Savage Classical Guitar and look for Eduardo Bossa Recital Series Spruce EIRW. You can scroll down and listen to the clip.

Return to “Members' Announcements”