Second Post, First Guitar

Under this heading you can announce your own events and work products, including the publications of books, magazines, sheet music, CDs, videos, guitars you build, professional events like shows, training courses, festivals and competitions. Any member of the forum who wishes, may open a thread in this forum (but only one) using his/her name for the promotion of their efforts without limitation on the number of posts.
David Brown

Second Post, First Guitar

Post by David Brown » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:29 pm

I'm not sure I've quite got the hang of this forum yet -- there seem to be so many places you can post!

Anyway, I've just completed my first guitar, under Roy Courtnall's tutelage (thanks, Roy!) and it's worked out really well. The faults are few, minor, and solely cosmetic, and the sound is excellent. I used Hauser type fan bracing rather than lattice and I think I'll stick to this for the foreseeable future as I like the richer sound, even at the expense of some loudness.

My website''s pretty rudimentary at the moment (opus-one-guitars.uk), which is OK as I'm just at the beginning and have nothing to sell yet anyway. I'm hoping to get a video of the guitar on the site in a week or two. I'll upload it here as well.

I've given up on the video for the time being, but here's a picture of the guitar...
guitar101@0,5x.jpg
I hope to get a recording I can upload soon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by David Brown on Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oski79

Re: Second Post, First Guitar

Post by oski79 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:00 pm

Hi David; You'll get used to it. The different forums are meant to make the board more orderly by categorizing posts. Just be patient...
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

Return to “Members' Announcements”