New book with exercises: SLURS 1

Under this heading you can announce your own events and work products, including the publications of books, magazines, sheet music, CDs, videos, guitars you build, professional events like shows, training courses, festivals and competitions. Any member of the forum who wishes, may open a thread in this forum (but only one) using his/her name for the promotion of their efforts without limitation on the number of posts.
bergmann

New book with exercises: SLURS 1

Post by bergmann » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:54 pm

The Brazillian guitarist and author, Jovane E. R. Oliveira, has finished his first book about Slurs (hammer-on, legato). It is a gigantic work written for those who want to learn the guitar inside-out or top-down, and for those who want to build the ultimate technique.
Just now we are waiting for the printed books to arrive, and we expect it in stock from around the 31st of March. It is a 384 pages book, O-wire bound with a metal spiral in the back for the best experience on the music stand in the guitar gym.

It has taken more than two years to finish this work, and if guitarists start working with this kind of exercises, this work could end up being as important for our instrument as the "Sevsic" exercises are for violinists. Most serious violinists have as part of their education at some point spend considerable time with the more than 100 years old Sevsic collection. I still remember working with some of the Sevsic exercises with my violin instructor when I trained to become a teacher way back in the last century. It was hard work, but it really built up the control of the violin. I remember I had to make up alike exercises for the guitar myself - But "SLURS 1" goes far far beyond what I ever have achieved technical on the guitar. When such work comes into my hands I really wish I was 16 and could start over again - This book could have raised my personal bar considerably if I had been introduced for it 50 years ago.

Search for: "Oliveira, Slurs 1" if you are curious to know more. (PS. the printed book is presold until the 31st. of March at a price that hardly covers the expenses).

bergmann

Re: New book with exercises: SLURS 1

Post by bergmann » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:02 pm

The book SLURS 1 is now ready from the print-service...
lopbicmegpngphei.jpg
gpjcealndekffnkb.jpg
Pre-order here: https://bergmann-edition.com/products/oliveira-slurs-1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

andyjimwilliams

Re: New book with exercises: SLURS 1

Post by andyjimwilliams » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:45 pm

Thank you Allan and Jovane. This is a massive resource for students and teachers.

Return to “Members' Announcements”