Eric Reid - luthier

Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
Forum rules
Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
Eric Reid
Luthier

Eric Reid - luthier

Post by Eric Reid » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:19 am

I'm new to this forum, but I've been repairing stringed instruments for the last twelve years, and specializing in classical guitar restoration and adjustment for the last five. My shop is in northern California, near Santa Cruz, but I receive repair work from around the country. I offer a full compliment of repair services. My specialties include: crack repair, fret milling, action adjustment, bridge replacement, French polish refurbishing and refinishing. Players who would like to discuss problems they are experiencing with their guitars can contact me via Private Message.
--Eric Reid

Vesuvio

Re: conservator joins forum

Post by Vesuvio » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:08 am

Hello Eric,

Welcome to the forum!

Do you also play the guitar? If so, I am sure you will enjoy your membership. We are very friendly so do feel free to join any discussions that are of interest to you and to start new ones. If you need any help finding your way around, just ask.

Do have a look here for some good advice about getting the most from the forum,

Best wishes, V :)
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

Eric Reid
Luthier

Re: conservator joins forum

Post by Eric Reid » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:09 am

Vesuvio wrote:Hello Eric,
Welcome to the forum!
Do you also play the guitar? If so, I am sure you will enjoy your membership.

Thank you, Vesuvio, and my apologies for not replying sooner. (I got drawn in to a number of discussions, and forgot to check back here.) Yes, I've been playing guitar for a little over thirty years. My practicing is erratic, and my playing reflects that, but it's something I enjoy, and that's sufficient. Recently, I find that I'm playing more, and moving beyond some previous plateaus. I'm always excited when that happens. I try to imagine that I can sustain this indefinitely. Wish me luck.
--Eric

Return to “Archives of Public Space and its subforums”