edwardsguitar

Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
Forum rules
Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
edwardsguitar

edwardsguitar

Post by edwardsguitar » Tue May 05, 2009 6:45 pm

Greetings,

A student referred me to this site, and it's very impressive. I'm a professional guitarist living in Oregon. I have a website at http://www.jamesedwardsguitar.com

GuitarVlog

Re: James Edwards, new member

Post by GuitarVlog » Tue May 05, 2009 6:56 pm

Welcome James!

Why can't I seem to find a lute teacher in the San Francisco area? :?

Vito Simplicio
Composer

Post by Vito Simplicio » Tue May 05, 2009 9:51 pm

Hi James,

Welcome to Delcamp! Good to have you aboard.

To get started, please take a look at :arrow: this :contrat: for everything you need to know about this forum.

Also, you can add your website in your profile so that it always shows up beneath your username. Please also consider adding your location to your profile since it's always interesting to know where our members are from.

:merci: and enjoy your time with us.

Vito :bye:
( vitO )===:::

Oberg (2008)
Takamine C136S (1977)

Classical Guitar Forum

GuitaristOrdinate

Post by GuitaristOrdinate » Tue May 05, 2009 11:53 pm

Welcome James , you have a very well laid out website .

jbtaylor892

Post by jbtaylor892 » Fri May 29, 2009 10:13 pm

Welcome! I love your website! It's very well coordinated and designed! I was very please to scroll through the different pages :)

JB

edwardsguitar

James Edwards: Habanera from " -Carmen" - on youtube

Post by edwardsguitar » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:25 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoC692F0tPg

The musical animation either fascinates people or bores them; there doesn't seem to be an in between. Regardless, it seems to have educational potential. This is the first one Mr. Malinowski has done using classical guitar as the source, if you like it check out his other "animation" scores on youtube.

Sincerely,

James

Vesuvio

Re: James Edwards: Habanera from " -Carmen" - on youtube

Post by Vesuvio » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:14 pm

Hi James,

I'm in the "fascinated" group. I can imagine music teachers using something like this to show youngsters how the pitch and duration of sounds combine to make music—I enjoyed your playing too,

Best wishes, V :) :merci:
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

banl

Post by banl » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:45 pm

Hello James,

It is a beautiful piece, very well played and the sound quality is also good. I'm in the "fascinated" group too, although I've seen it a lot in sequencing programs.

:merci: Bert

oregon47

Post by oregon47 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:21 pm

James,
When did you arrange and record that piece and what guitar are you playing? My guess is the Traphagen? You should record some piano/guitar duets with Stephen (that guy is prolific) next time he is in town. Great playing by the way!!
Your humble student,
Tim

laurentli

Post by laurentli » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:20 am

really nice sound. :bravo: How many guitars in this music?

edwardsguitar

Post by edwardsguitar » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:47 am

One guitar played by one guy, no overdubbing of parts. The guitar is a 1994 Ignacio Rojas, with spruce top/indian rosewood back and sides. My arrangement was published by Mel Bay in a book called "Arias for Guitar", and is currently available. I did the arrangement in the early 90's. The recording engineer was John O'Connor, of Santa Barbara, California.

Sincerely,

James

edwardsguitar

Gounod's Méditation, played by James Edwards

Post by edwardsguitar » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:13 pm

Vesuvio

Re: Gounod's Méditation, played by James Edwards

Post by Vesuvio » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:30 pm

Hello James,

That's a really lovely piece of work, thank you very much for sharing your interpretation with us,

All the best, V :) :merci:
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

Susan Clark

Post by Susan Clark » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:44 am

Lovely piece of music. is the score in PD? I would love a copy.

edwardsguitar

Post by edwardsguitar » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:00 pm

It is PD, available in my Mel Bay book "Arias for Guitar"; or where I got it originally, in a publication of a Tarrega manuscript book by Ariel pub. from 1980. I should post it to my website, I'm not adept at that yet, but I'll try to get my webmaster to do it. I'll post a message on the forum when that happens. Thanks for your appreciation.

Sincerely,

James

Return to “Archives of Public Space and its subforums”