yotamz

Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
Forum rules
Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
yotamz

yotamz

Post by yotamz » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:07 pm

Hi dear Delcampers,

http://www.myspace.com/yotamg

I've put together a modest page with some recordings. Nothing over the top, Recuerdos, Capricho Arabe, etc. Please feel free to share your thoughts, any compliments/criticisms would be welcomed.

Thanks,
Yotam

edit - if you scroll down a little, there are videos. One is a music video an old band of mine put together (pretty grunge-y if you're a STP fan), a poor quality vid of Falla's La Vida Breve (too slow), and part of Koshkin's Cambridge Suite (with a great introduction by the Soprano's Bobby Baccala who totally butchers my name).

enjoy!
Last edited by yotamz on Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Erik Zurcher

Re: My myspace page

Post by Erik Zurcher » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:13 pm

I really enjoyed your recordings, Yotam. :bye:
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Sean

Post by Sean » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:38 am

Quite nice.

yotamz

Post by yotamz » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:15 pm

Hey -

Thanks for listening! I'm glad you liked it. Sorry it's all the same old stuff, but I'm trying to cater to the paying gig kind of people, know what I mean? ;)

Anyway, I'll post here whenever a new track will be added (whenever that may be).

Yotam

Tarbaby (1953 - 2016)

Post by Tarbaby (1953 - 2016) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:37 pm

yotamz wrote:Hey -

Thanks for listening! I'm glad you liked it. Sorry it's all the same old stuff, but I'm trying to cater to the paying gig kind of people, know what I mean? ;)

Anyway, I'll post here whenever a new track will be added (whenever that may be).

Yotam
I do know what you mean, Yotam. :wink:

If you put your page in your profile as your website, it will appear beneath your avatar everytime you post. Please remember not to provide a direct link if you put any copyrighted pieces on there. :)

Good luck!

Alan

yotamz

Post by yotamz » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:21 am

Thanks for the suggestion Alan, but I just remembered that there are some copyrighted materials on there.. (see my edit)

yotamz

My (new) website

Post by yotamz » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:49 am

http://www.yotamginzburg.com

No longer confined to MySpace!!!

I would like to credit my girlfriend with the design, programming, and helping me with the content (at least the written part).

Please take a look and give me your honest opinions. I'm putting it out there that there are mistakes in all of the recordings, try to find them and tear me a new one! ;)

:war:

PS - It's all in flash. I noticed some (or at least one) block flash (wouldn't be able to tell you why) so be advised..

Tarbaby (1953 - 2016)

Re: My (new) website

Post by Tarbaby (1953 - 2016) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:34 am

Congratulations, Yotam!
:bravo:

Your site is very nice and a bit different than the usual, probably because of the Flash. Your Flash is not at all annoying, as it can be on other sites that use it. (A web designer friend of mine told me that they call it "Shoot the duck!) :lol:

Your girlfriend did a great job!

I listened to a few of the pieces and heard a only few minor glitches, but I don't think anyone but a classical guitarist would notice them. Even then, they are nothing to worry about.

If you put your website in your profile, it will follow you around Delcamp as a little globe beneath your avatar each time you post.

Good luck!

Alan

Sean

Post by Sean » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:36 am

Nice site and easy to find your way around in.

Anthony Campanella

Post by Anthony Campanella » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:35 pm

Very nice! :bravo:

rlatkin

Post by rlatkin » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:51 pm

I like your site: clean and appealing; I like your playing, too. Yes, I heard some mistakes, but you have a professional approach to performance that makes those less important. Don't think you need a new one!
:merci: :bye:

yotamz

Post by yotamz » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:36 pm

Hello everyone,

Thanks for the compliments! :merci: :merci: :merci:

I'm glad you enjoyed the music, and I hope to record something new soon. I've been working with an H2, but I can't get it to sound as good as those other recordings (they were also one-takes in my living room, but with a friend who knows what he's doing a little more than I do).

It sure is tough as a musician here in NYC where there are way too many musicians (and some of the best in the world at that).. Ah well, life's a hustle for us musicians..

:)

Thanks again for the comments.

:bye: ,
Yotam

Return to “Archives of Public Space and its subforums”