Nick Cutroneo

Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
Forum rules
Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
Nick Cutroneo

Re: Website Update

Post by Nick Cutroneo » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:43 pm

Werry,

There was no existing program that I worked with, but rather another venue of performances. In the states Nursing Homes love having musicians come and play, and while they can't afford normal fees of musicians, its a great chance to play for an attentive group of people who appreciate the music. Plus its a nice way to run through a new program or a few new pieces. I've noticed that many musicians do this, and while they might not call it an outreach program, it falls under that catagory.

I also do school visits, and have 2 of them planned in November (on the same day). It's a similar format to the nursing home recitals I play, except its only a 45 minute recital. This leaves room for a Q and A session at the end of the performance.
Nick Cutroneo - Classical Guitarist, performer/teacher/suzuki instructor

Nick Cutroneo

Re: New Video up -- Dan Lis Guitar Concerto No. 1

Post by Nick Cutroneo » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:23 am

Hey everyone. I just wanted to let you all know that over the course of the next few weeks I'll be editing together and put up videos from my performance last weekend (December 5th) up on youtube.

Search "Nick Cutroneo" for the new vidoes, and if you want, watch the older ones. Enjoy! The first new one is up now...

Nick Cutroneo

Nick Cutroneo offering Skype Lessons!

Post by Nick Cutroneo » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:48 pm

Hey everyone,

I wanted to let those of you who may be interested, that I'm going to be starting to give lessons online via Skype starting in January. If you'd like more information please feel free to either send me a PM or a direct email. I'll be setting up a paypal account for payment, and obviously you'll need an internet connection that can handle the live chat function of Skype.

For more information on myself, what I do, how I do it, videos of my playing and general information on myself (if you don't happen to know), feel free to check out my website which contains Sound and Video files, at http://www.nickcutroneo.com

-Nick

Nick Cutroneo

Re: New Video up -- Gigue-Double from 2nd Lute Suite

Post by Nick Cutroneo » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:53 am

Well, I've got another video up from my recent recital in Mass. Here it is, the Gigue and Double from Bach's 2nd Lute Suite. Feel free to check out the other videos up as well!

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7QRBoI6E9tI&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7QRBoI6E9tI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Nick Cutroneo

Live Streaming of my performance...TONIGHT!

Post by Nick Cutroneo » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:15 pm

Hey everyone. I don't know if this is the right place for this thread, as it doesn't really fit into any catagory. Tonight I'll be performing the Tedesco Fantasia for Guitar and Piano as part of my school's honor's chamber music program. There will be a live streaming tonight, 7:30 pm EST and I'm first on the program.

Here's the link: http://hartford.edu/2020streaming

Enjoy!

Anthony Campanella

Re: Live Streaming of my performance...TONIGHT!

Post by Anthony Campanella » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:46 am

Sorry I missed it - how did it go?

Nick Cutroneo

Post by Nick Cutroneo » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:05 am

It went really well. I'll be performing it again Thursday and video taping it. I'll be putting that up on youtube.

Larry McDonald
Teacher

Post by Larry McDonald » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:58 pm

I missed it, too. Dang!

I'll be sure to check it out. Your performance of Sonata Giocosa in February was superb.

Thanks,
Lare

Nick Cutroneo

Post by Nick Cutroneo » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:52 pm

Actually from what I heard, everyone missed out on the live streaming, for whatever reason last night it wasn't working. :?

But I as I said before, I'll be performing it again, and video taping it! So no worries. This is a piece that isn't performed too often (although you couldn't tell by the numerous performance of it on youtube...I guess it is gaining popularity), and so its a real treat to even watch a performance of this piece.

Now that I've learned this piece, I've performed/learned all the chamber works of Tedesco. A CD will surely follow...at some point. I'll have to concentrate on my solo cd first...

Larry, thanks for the kind words of the Giocosa...definitely another piece that you hear too often at guitar concerts.

Kris

Post by Kris » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:42 pm

Nick Cutroneo wrote:Actually from what I heard, everyone missed out on the live streaming, for whatever reason last night it wasn't working.
Ah, that's good to know. I actually tried to watch it, on three different browsers and on two different computers. I finally gave up, thinking there was some regional blocking going on.

Nick Cutroneo

Post by Nick Cutroneo » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:41 am

Yeah. I found out after the performance. I was dissapointed when I found this out.

Nick Cutroneo

Post by Nick Cutroneo » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:39 am

Hey everyone...if you go onto youtube and search "Nick Cutroneo Tedesco" you'll find my videos of a recent performance of this piece. Enjoy!

Nick Cutroneo

Re: New Video up -- Dan Lis Guitar Concerto No. 1

Post by Nick Cutroneo » Thu May 20, 2010 3:14 am

I figured that I'd post this here (although this doesn't have anything to do with a video)...

I just did a blog post on my experiences in college, nothing much, just a short list that I put together. It might be an interesting read to some. I recently finished up my Masters in Performance and Suzuki Pedagogy, and after completing my last degree (for a while...) I got to thinking, and this is what came out. Enjoy!

http://nickcutroneo.wordpress.com/2010/ ... -finished/

-Nick

Nick Cutroneo

Nick Cutroneo - Updated Website

Post by Nick Cutroneo » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:38 am

Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you know that I've updated my website, significantly. While the initial appearance my seem the same, I have updated a lot of my teaching information throughout the page, including a more detailed listing of webcam lessons.

I'd appreciate if you'd take a look around, mostly to let me know what may not be working correctly. Feel free to listen to the samples, watch the videos and enjoy!

Let me know if any issues come up, thanks!

Here's the link...

http://www.nickcutroneo.com

-Nick
Last edited by Nick Cutroneo on Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Docjr

Re: Nick Cutroneo - Updated Website

Post by Docjr » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:24 pm

can you post a link here?

Sorry, just figured it out :roll: :lol:

Return to “Archives of Public Space and its subforums”