michael karmon

Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
Forum rules
Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
michael karmon

michael karmon

Post by michael karmon » Sun May 16, 2010 12:18 am

Hello everyone,

"The Guitarist's Guide to the Orchestra," a brand new short solo suite, along with pieces written for Martha Masters, Denis Azabagic, Michael Partington, and others, is now available for free download on my website:

http://www.michaelkarmon.com/works.html

I'd love to know what you think! :)

Thanks,
Mike

Anthony Campanella

Re: Free Scores

Post by Anthony Campanella » Sun May 16, 2010 2:43 am

There's a lot of music to look thru!

The Yovana is a wonderful pc. Cavatina does an incredible job with it
Seems like a modern interpretation, very effective
Congratulations! :bravo:

Yovano, Yovanke, for flute and guitar, ca. 5' (2006)

PDF: Score Guitar Flute
MP3 (Cavatina Duo): Yovano
Level: Moderate
Written for: Cavatina Duo (Denis Azabagic, Eugenia Moliner.).
Recording: Cavatina Duo, "The Balkan Project," Cedille Records CDR 90000 117.

This is an arrangement of a melancholy Balkan folk tune in 7/8 time. It is one of several Balkan folk tune arrangements commissioned by the Cavatina Duo from several composers.

michael karmon

Post by michael karmon » Sun May 16, 2010 3:14 am

Thanks Classitar! I'm glad you enjoyed Yovano. It was actually kind of a tough piece to write because the folk song that it's based on doesn't really have much music in it. And it was difficult to come up with a concert piece based on so little material.

By the way, the Cavatina Duo just released the CD with this piece on it. The CD also has some pieces by Clarice Assad that are just incredible.

Thanks again,
Mike
Last edited by michael karmon on Mon May 17, 2010 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sean

Post by Sean » Mon May 17, 2010 9:31 am

I like the Sonatina California a bunch. Thanks for sharing with us!

michael karmon

Post by michael karmon » Mon May 17, 2010 4:13 pm

Thanks Sean! I'm really glad to hear you enjoyed "Sonatina California." It was a tough piece to write, although I'm not sure why. And I still can't decide if I'm totaly happy with it, so it's good to know that you like it. :)

Mike

michael karmon

New Free Score Available

Post by michael karmon » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:21 pm

"Rain" for solo guitar is now available for free download at my website. It was written for James Day and will be premiered Sunday in Philadelphia. Please always feel free to contact me with any questions or comments. Here's a note about the piece:

"I wrote "Rain" for James Day, and we both liked the idea of music that could appeal to young audiences. I wasn't interested in composing an outright children's piece, but instead tried to write a concert piece that is as clear, direct, and engaging as possible. The concept of evoking rain in different seasons came fairly late in the process, while I was working on "Fall," which was originally slated to be the third movement. But with a few adjustments to existing music everything fell into place."

oski79

Re: New Free Score Available

Post by oski79 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:33 am

Thank you for posting this Michael. I'm a big fan of your music, though I listen to it much better than I play it!

:D
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

michael karmon

Post by michael karmon » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:07 am

Thanks oski! This one is a bit easier than other pieces I've written. The second movement, "Fall" should be the easiest to read. :)

Anthony Campanella

Post by Anthony Campanella » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:56 pm

:merci:

Rommel

Post by Rommel » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:25 am

Thank you very much for posting the score... will try to listen 1st to your record... i'm sure this is a great music ... hope i can play this and within my range of level... thnaks again....!!!!! may forces of music be with you always.!! :merci:
MelR

michael karmon

kickstarter project

Post by michael karmon » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:48 pm

Great way to support my music, if you're interested. :D

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/se ... ael+karmon

michael karmon

Post by michael karmon » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:14 pm

Looks like Irina Kulikova picked up "Rain"! :)

michael karmon

" -Campfire Songs" - for guitar and cello

Post by michael karmon » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:50 am

The movements of "Campfire Songs" for guitar and cello are: "I. Blazing," "II. Embers," and "III. Dark." It's moderately difficult and about 10 minutes long. Score and parts available for free download at my website.

Goose

Re: kickstarter project

Post by Goose » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:49 pm

Sorry this didn't happen! What piece did you write for Denis? I'm one of his students.

michael karmon

Re: kickstarter project

Post by michael karmon » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:27 pm

Hi,

I wrote two pieces for Denis and Eugenia, "Roominating" and "Yovano, Yovanke." Hope you're enjoying studying with him. :)

Return to “Archives of Public Space and its subforums”