Pete Beer

Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
Forum rules
Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
Pete Beer
Luthier

Pete Beer

Post by Pete Beer » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:33 am

Hello,

I'm Pete Beer. I'm a Guitar Maker, based in Deepest, Darkest Somerset. I've just joined this forum in an effort to re-engage with the best points of the internet, after largely avoiding it for several years. In the same spirit I've started writing a blog:

http://petebeerguitars.blogspot.com/

I find the writing of it quite helpful in ordering my thoughts and I hope some of you might find it interesting. I know many people start blogs and then let them slide but I'll try to stick at it. It's certainly nice to do some writing again all these years after leaving Uni!

My main website, which really needs updating, is:

http://www.petebeerguitars.com/

Thanks for looking- Pete

manythumbed

Re: My new Blog

Post by manythumbed » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:22 am

The binding and rosette on the guitar you restored look stunning! I guess from the age of the guitar it would have been inlaid mother of pearl, would that be correct?

Added your blog to my blog reading thing, looking forward to reading more in the future.

Pete Beer
Luthier

Post by Pete Beer » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:45 pm

Thanks manythumbed,

Glad you like the blog, so far.

Yes, mother of pearl, and engraved too. Matching replacement pieces to their neighbours was fun! I don't like to use shell in my own work, too guady, but can enjoy it when it's someone elses responsibility. Once in a while...

MGH

Post by MGH » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:52 pm

Nice job, I look forward to your updates.

Pete Beer
Luthier

Post by Pete Beer » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:19 pm

Hi all,

I've updated the blog several times since I last remembered to mention it on here. Whoops...

-Pete

Return to “Archives of Public Space and its subforums”