GerardCousins - concert performer

Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
Forum rules
Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
GerardCousins
Concert performers

GerardCousins - concert performer

Post by GerardCousins » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:34 pm

I'd just like to let you know about my latest CD which features many new arrangements of traditional and modern music from Wales.

It has received some great reviews including a lovely one from Classical Guitar magazine -
A must for all serious collectors of guitar music

I spent a lot of time researching potential repertoire and have transcribed works originally for Cello and Harp (The harp is the traditional instrument of Wales) as well as some rarely heard original guitar music.

I am busy making my arrangements available on my website (for a small fee) for anyone interested in learning them.

The CD is available online from the usual sites, and for information and a chance to hear the tracks please visit my webpage http://gerardcousins.com/hiraeth.php

By the way, Hiraeth is the untranslatable word which is impossible to define - It is a deep feeling, a type of homesickness tinged with grief or sadness, a longing or yearning for the Wales that exists in the true Welshman's imagination - If you listen to the music you'll get the gist!

Anyway, there's lots of new music here that I'm very proud of, so I hope it appeals to you...

Thanks, Gerard

Erik Zurcher

Re: Hiraeth - Celtic Guitar Music from Wales CD

Post by Erik Zurcher » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:53 pm

Congratulations on your new CD, Gerard. I have listened to the six clips on your site: very lovely, calm and poetic music. :bravo:
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Return to “Archives of Public Space and its subforums”