James Lister - French Polishing DVD

Under this heading you can announce your own events and work products, including the publications of books, magazines, sheet music, CDs, videos, guitars you build, professional events like shows, training courses, festivals and competitions. Any member of the forum who wishes, may open a thread in this forum (but only one) using his/her name for the promotion of their efforts without limitation on the number of posts.
James Lister
Luthier

Re: James Lister - French Polishing DVD

Post by James Lister » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:34 pm

RPhang wrote: will there be a part 2 DVD?
Not sure yet, but I'm thinking about it!

James
James Lister, luthier, Sheffield UK

RPhang

Post by RPhang » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:12 am

Hi James

There quite a bit of info on French polihsing but only limited on retouching/ repairs. Hope you next DVD will cover these areas and more.

I am sure many people will be looking forward to the part 2!!

Cheers!!!

RPhang

Post by RPhang » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:58 am

Hi James

I still have not received the DVD. I will check later today. Very strange...

BR
Raymond

James Lister
Luthier

Post by James Lister » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:03 am

Hi Raymond,

Sorry to hear that. I've sent you a PM to check I used the correct address. If necessary, I'll send you another DVD.

Best wishes,

James

James Lister
Luthier

Post by James Lister » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:06 pm

My French Polishing DVD has been reviewed in Classical guitar Magazine (it's actually in both the January and March 2013 publications - not sure why). The review is by Roy Courtnall - author of Making Master Guitars, and if you don't have access to the magazine, you can read it on my website (use the weblink under my avatar, and go to the "French polishing DVD" page).

The DVD is available through my website, from DICTUM in Germany, or A m a z o n in Europe.

James

Rick714

Post by Rick714 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:51 am

Just wanted to say congratulations on the mention and your picture in Classical Guitar magazine! Nice accomplishment.

James Lister
Luthier

Post by James Lister » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:56 am

I'm about to pull my DVD from the shelves of A m a z o n - they're too slow at paying, and take too much commission, and don't pay their UK taxes!

The DVD is still available direct through my website, or from Dictum in Germany. If you're in the US and want a copy, you could contact StewMac or LMI and ask them why they're not stocking it!

James

James Lister
Luthier

Post by James Lister » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:46 am

Still available through my website and from Dictum in Germany. If there's enough interest here (send me a PM) I'll think about setting up a discount code on PayPal just for Delcamp forum members!

James

James Lister
Luthier

Post by James Lister » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:45 am

There have been a few threads about French polishing recently, and I thought rather than blatantly plugging my DVD within the threads, I'd post here just in case anyone was interested...

The DVD is no longer available through Dictum, but you can order it direct from my website here:
http://jameslisterguitars.co.uk/sales/fpdvd/

DVD08m.jpg
James
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Members' Announcements”