Introduction

Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
Forum rules
Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
Joseph J. Redman

Introduction

Post by Joseph J. Redman » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:11 pm

Hello Everyone,

My name is Joseph Redman, we live in Abingdon, VA USA, and I build and sell classical and flamenco guitars as a second job (www.josredguitars.com). I build guitars on commission, and also sell some of them on e - b a y. After school I contemplated becoming a concert classical guitarist, but realized soon that it is not a very well-paying job :) About 10 years ago I started fiddling with guitar repairs, then decided to try and build one, and I have just delivered number 25. I am a Torres disciple, with a few of my own variations in some areas, like I think most luthiers do. I build using most of the traditional tonewoods, but specialize in extraordinary/non-traditional combinations (for classical guitars, that is). Most of my soundboard wood comes from British Columbia, but I also have European spruce in stock.

With kind regards,
Joseph J Redman.

KeMe

Re: Introduction

Post by KeMe » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:24 pm

Hello Joseph,
Welcome to the Delcamp Forum. It’s wonderful that you found us and have joined with our community of classical guitarists.:discussion:
Our members are very friendly so please feel free to join any discussions that are of interest to you and to start new ones.
Please have a look at this page for some important information to help you get started.
We have a wealth of knowledge within our members who are always very happy to help answer any questions that you may have.
I’m glad that you are here and I look forward to seeing you around the forum.

Kay :sorride:
Music touches the heart, but playing classical guitar can lift your heart and enrich your life.

Joseph J. Redman

Post by Joseph J. Redman » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:23 pm

Thanks a lot, Kay! I have already looked around a little and there are most certainly a lot going on. I hope I can contribute towards a happy and interesting forum. :D

With kind regards,
Joseph.

Tarbaby (1953 - 2016)

Post by Tarbaby (1953 - 2016) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:13 am

Hi Joseph and welcome!

Your guitars look beautiful! :D

May I suggest that you put your website address in your profile? That way members can access it from any of your posts. :wink:

Looking forward to your contributions,

Alan

Cary W

Post by Cary W » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:49 am

Welcome to the Forum, Joseph. You do lovely work. The fret slot device looks impressive! :bravo:

Cary
2008 Yamaha GC31C Indian/cedar D'Addario EJ46
1987 Yamaha GC-3 Indian/cedar D'Addario EJ45

Return to “Archives of Public Space and its subforums”