James Lister - Guitar Plans

Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
Forum rules
Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
James Lister
Luthier

James Lister - Guitar Plans

Post by James Lister » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:10 pm

Hi Folks,

A couple of years ago I decided that the Torres guitar plans the students were using at College could do with updating. There were a number of mistakes, and quite a few measurements missing. I'd recently started playing about with AutoCAD a bit, and thought I'd have a go at producing a more professional set of plans. There followed quite a steep learning curve, but after many months of work, I had a new set of plans for the Torres guitar that I was very pleased with.

It then occurred to me that it would be good to have a set of detailed plans for my own classical guitars, and after another 6 months or so of tinkering/correcting/modifying, I've finally produced a set of plans I'm happy with, and have decided to offer them for sale.
Plans1.jpg
The plans are presented on three full scale A2 size pages. Drawing #1 includes construction notes, detail drawings of the head, bridge, rosette and heel/foot. Drawing #2 shows the full plantilla, and details of all bracing positions and dimensions. Drawing #3 shows the fingerboard and frets layout, side views of the head and heel/foot assembly, and a side section through the body of the guitar. The plans are also available as PDF files that you can print out yourself.

More details are available on my website - click the web link below my avatar, and then click on "Guitar Plans" - or just search "James Lister guitar plans".

James
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
James Lister, luthier, Sheffield UK

Return to “Archives of Public Space and its subforums”