Mudarra, Alonso - Fantasia 10 que contrahaze - D07

Audio and video recordings of works from the renaissance to the baroque period, from 1530 to 1760 (e.g. Dowland, Sanz, Weiss).
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - catalogue no. Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Scarlatti, Domenico - K001 Sonata - D08 Video
or Losy, J. A. - Gigue in A minor - D04 (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or Anon. - Drewries Accordes - Duo (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
Anthony Campanella

Re: Mudarra, Alonso de - Fantasia X

Post by Anthony Campanella » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:59 pm

Nice playing !
...................................................................................................................................................
Not only is it extremely cruel to persecute in this brief life those who do not think the way we do, but I do not know if it might be too presumptuous to declare their eternal damnation."

moramajor

Post by moramajor » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:05 pm

Ubik,

Great interpretation. I have heard this piece in two different versions today. First, a little bit faster than yours. Sincerelly, I am thinking to myself which one I prefer. I will hear one more time and compare both and then, let you know if this interest you.

Thanks
Paulo César - Brazil
My guitar is always in my hands or beside me.
I try to treat it very well and never out of tune...

Ubik

Post by Ubik » Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:22 am

thanks all! But get mean and dirty please, i want some more criticism! :sigaretta: :sorride:
moramajor wrote:Ubik,

Great interpretation. I have heard this piece in two different versions today. First, a little bit faster than yours. Sincerelly, I am thinking to myself which one I prefer. I will hear one more time and compare both and then, let you know if this interest you.

Thanks
Paulo César - Brazil
hehe, well DavidE has already said it's the best he's ever heard, so you'll be hard pressed to beat that! :mrgreen: :grire:

Paul Saywood

Post by Paul Saywood » Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:29 pm

Ubik wrote:thanks all! But get mean and dirty please, i want some more criticism! :sigaretta: :sorride:

:grire:
Hello Ubik, I think this is very nice, and the recording is clear too! If you really want some criticism I can give you some, but it might make you cry. :grire:

Paul

Ubik

Post by Ubik » Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:47 pm

nogin wrote:
Hello Ubik, I think this is very nice, and the recording is clear too! If you really want some criticism I can give you some, but it might make you cry. :grire:

Paul
nice? NICE!?! :nerveux:

me cry? I am a rock, i am an island. :sorride:

Paul Saywood

Post by Paul Saywood » Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:55 pm

OK rockman, maybe nice is too nice a word, but it's a nice word and it's nice to use it, but it's not nice to overuse it! :D

Anyway, your piece has little to criticise, it's splendid! You could try playing it with a little more purpose of tone, make use of the pontichello a little, exaggerate the feel etc. But really, if this upsets you, don't come crying to me :grire:

:okok: Paulo

Vito Simplicio
Composer

Post by Vito Simplicio » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:27 pm

Ubik,

Nicely played with a very clean sound. Thanks for sharing.
( vitO )===:::

Oberg (2008)
Takamine C136S (1977)

Classical Guitar Forum

zorolowski

Post by zorolowski » Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:04 pm

Hello Ubik,

well played! Very good sound!
:okok: :casque: :okok:

Zorolowski

Brock

Post by Brock » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:55 pm

Thanks for posting Ubik.
I enjoyed this very much.
I won't offer any criticism (apart from the fact that you can play it better than me): I find this tempo suits the piece much better than the faster tempo some other players adopt.

BFGuitar

Post by BFGuitar » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:43 am

Nice speed and timing. Your tone isnt that bad at all, its not amazing but its not like nails on a chalk board by far. I like the use of tasto/ponticello.
Great feel and dynamics. Good playing over all.

Check out my recording tell me what you think!
viewtopic.php?t=7423&p=67258#p67258

Elisabeth Calvet

Post by Elisabeth Calvet » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:42 pm

Super!
Very nice !
:bravo: :merci:

Hans W

Post by Hans W » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:44 am

Super job on this Ubik. Its hard not to lose your concentration with this piece and you certainly didn't. My hat's off to you sir and a couple of :bravo: :bravo: to boot.

Hans
Classical Guitar rules!

Ubik

Post by Ubik » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:04 am

Paul Saywood wrote: Anyway, your piece has little to criticise, it's splendid! You could try playing it with a little more purpose of tone, make use of the pontichello a little, exaggerate the feel etc. But really, if this upsets you, don't come crying to me :grire:

:okok: Paulo
thank you Paul Sayhow'dyoulikethathuhandthisandthatdiescumbagahahahahawood, and for your interesting treatise on the word nice :okok:

thanks for listening Simplicio, Zorolowski and BFGUITAR, I am always sensitive about my tone, so thanks for your encouragement :merci:

Ubik

Post by Ubik » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:04 am

Brock wrote:Thanks for posting Ubik.
I enjoyed this very much.
I won't offer any criticism (apart from the fact that you can play it better than me): I find this tempo suits the piece much better than the faster tempo some other players adopt.
hey, me too! :guitare: although my favourite recording is Bream's in which he does play it pretty fast! I think the ending is better for being slower, and the beginning possibly better for being faster paced. I think Bream manages to do both these things somehow :reflechir:

thanks elisabeth :bye:
Hans W wrote:Super job on this Ubik. Its hard not to lose your concentration with this piece and you certainly didn't. My hat's off to you sir and a couple of :bravo: :bravo: to boot.

Hans
thanks Hans, you mentioned you were working on this piece also and I would very much like to hear it, let me know when it's up!

Apologies for taking so long to reply, I don't mean to be so rude, it is an English self deprecating thing where one considers oneself unworthy of praise and must say "thank you, but it was really nothing, I do it for Queen and country", etc, etc... somebody pass me a ladder! :chaud:

Elisabeth Calvet

Post by Elisabeth Calvet » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:24 pm

:merci: Ubik!
:bravo:

Return to “Our recordings of Early music”