Scarlatti, Domenico - K322/L483 Sonata in A Major - D07

Audio and video recordings of works from the renaissance to the baroque period, from 1530 to 1760 (e.g. Dowland, Sanz, Weiss).
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - catalogue no. Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Scarlatti, Domenico - K001 Sonata - D08 Video
or Losy, J. A. - Gigue in A minor - D04 (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or Anon. - Drewries Accordes - Duo (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
Løød

Post by Løød » Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:36 am

Thank you, Owl! That was wonderful! :D
I love your tone (as I always do) and you play it with great feeling. However, I would have played it a little faster if I were you - I think that will emphasize the joy and glee in the melody's first part... But this was just great! :D

By the way... Isn't it Sonata L485 and not 483? :)
Last edited by Løød on Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

willi

Post by willi » Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:23 pm

That was excellent,an example to try for,beautifully played with colour and expression,this will get many listenings

KeMe

Post by KeMe » Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:39 pm

Outstanding, fantastic, incredible, awesome, unbelievable. brilliant, perfection, excellent, tremendous, phenomenal, amazing, remarkable, extraordinarily beautiful playing.
Only in my dreams would I ever be able to play that beautifully.
Thank you!
Music touches the heart, but playing classical guitar can lift your heart and enrich your life.

Brent

Post by Brent » Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:29 pm

Wonderful interpretation. This is a perfect tempo for my ear; it's not always necessary or even desirable to play a guitar interpretation at the same tempo as is commonly played on the original intrument. I like the ornamentation you've added throughout.

Brent

Matt Molloy

Post by Matt Molloy » Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:28 pm

Absolutely beautiful Owl. Thanks for another wonderful listening experience.

:merci: :bravo:

Cheers,

Matt.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morcambe

Proud member of the LGCI.

Guitar: James Lister 2009 SP/MP.

soltirefa

Post by soltirefa » Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:35 pm

Sounded really great, Owl. I have had my eye on this piece for a long time. After hearing that I am motivated to learn it!

Hey, have you ever heard K. 377? It's another really good one. If you want to hear a great recording of it, do a search for Isaac Bustos and you can hear it on his site. It's fantastic!

Soltirefa

mike_hudson

Post by mike_hudson » Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:45 pm

:shock: OH MY :shock: Charles, I wish I had read your warning... I didnt hold on and my socks were just blown away into the wind... but I was left with the most marvelous addition to my Owl folder. But then, she has cost me socks before - I'll have to go out and buy more after this one - Calling all Owlies, Calling all Owlies.... dinner is served !!
:merci: Im so indebted to Charles for persuading you to post this one - :ivresse: Here's to you my dear, Mike

Sandred

Post by Sandred » Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:42 pm

That was tremendous.--ED

hav

Post by hav » Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:45 am

Lady Owl - may your heart forever sing as sweetly and may that voice continue to stir the strings in mine...

graeme

Post by graeme » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:44 am

I'm not a fan of Scarlatti's music. Of your playing I most certainly am.
I only clicked on listen because it said Owl. Enough said.
Thankyou.

Hybrid

Post by Hybrid » Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:08 am

:bravo: Excellent performance. Very clean playing,and great tone.
Trebles are a bit thin at times, but that's severe nitpicking.
I bet its more the recording technique than the guitar.

Loved this one. Makes me want to play it..

I'd love to hear you play K213 as well. You really have a great sound. :casque:

H

owl

Post by owl » Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:15 pm

Thank you Delcampers... for taking the time to listen and comment... if you are happy then so am I :lol:

Løød... no mate... definitely L483!

LOL Mike... new socks coming up (I've included a pair of suspenders :shock:)

My dear hav... how marvellous to have you back... I've missed you! :roll:

:merci: all once again

Joy in the music
Owl
Never, ever give up!... I leave my songprint on your heart.

F (i Li) P

Post by F (i Li) P » Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:28 pm

woooooooooow... you know... if you could only see my face when i listen to your recording... it's something like " :shock: " with a BIG open mouth... WOOOOW... thank you so much for recording and sharing this beautiful piece Owl !!!...

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

:applauso: :applauso: :applauso: :applauso: :applauso:

Brock

Post by Brock » Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:37 pm

L483 is definitely right - http://www.classical.net (under composers works & data) has lists to check Kirkpatrick and Longo numbers against each other. John Williams' 1988 CD wrongly labels it L485 :oops: - maybe that's where some mis-understanding comes from. I've just listened to that JW recording again and it's too fast - Owl, your tempo clarifies the whole piece far more beautifully. Thanks again.

Gorobete

Post by Gorobete » Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:59 pm

Owl, I just hear this beauty now. I must say it is my D.Scarlatti favourite. You are playing jut great and with great feeling. You made my evening!
:applauso: :applauso: :applauso:
Great!
Thank you!

Lucian
P.S. And as you always like to say, Joy in the music!

Return to “Our recordings of Early music”