Scarlatti, Domenico - K322/L483 Sonata in A Major - D07

Audio and video recordings of works from the renaissance to the baroque period, from 1530 to 1760 (e.g. Dowland, Sanz, Weiss).
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - catalogue no. Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Scarlatti, Domenico - K001 Sonata - D08 Video
or Losy, J. A. - Gigue in A minor - D04 (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or Anon. - Drewries Accordes - Duo (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
BFGuitar

Post by BFGuitar » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:31 am

Ive been playing this piece for 13 days so far and now ive learnt and almost memorized the entire piece.
Give me about 10 more days and ill think of posting it haha

Con Guitarist

Post by Con Guitarist » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:46 am

Very fine playing, Owl. In fact your ornaments are in good taste. I would have preffered cross-string ornaments, but otherwise, nice job.

RodrigueS

Post by RodrigueS » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:43 am

You play so well, Owl

Delightful...

Anthony

Post by Anthony » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:42 pm

Very beatiful work Owl! I'm a big fan of Scarlatti and must say this interpretation is just delightful: great balance, tone, and most importantly personality.

Anthony

mark34

Post by mark34 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:10 pm

Hi owl,

fantastic !!!! you have great feeling for that music. To play it with such a kind kind of easynees is terribly difficult.

That was very inspiring.

:merci:

Mark

owl

Post by owl » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:19 am

Thank you all so much for your comments... I am sorry for my late response... I missed this one :oops:

Joy in the music

Owl
Never, ever give up!... I leave my songprint on your heart.

Harlan Krishna Aji

Post by Harlan Krishna Aji » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:44 pm

Wow you can play an extremely difficult pieces of Scarllatti?.So intresting for me!!!

renejunior

Perfect

Post by renejunior » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:11 pm

Excellent!
Perfect!

:bravo:

charlesivey

Post by charlesivey » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:22 pm

Owl nailed this piece with the joyful, lifting spirit D.S. might have envisioned. I only say this because today I was reading an account describing "Mimo" (the composer's aledged nickname.) In the preface to one of his compositions, Scarlatti wrote that one should not attempt to find anything profound in his music. Whether evaluated by an expert (I think he said "professor") or not, his music was to be in jest. He went on to say his music was better played with feelings...

I have paraphrased the above, but I think it conveys what the preface intended. He wrote short, jestful pieces, apparently. Anyway, I'm sure others know much more about D. Scarlatti than I but I found this snippet of information about him interesting and appropriate for the wonderful play of our Owl.
CI

"Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler" A. Einstein

owl

Post by owl » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:41 am

Hello Charles... thank you for this info... it is exactly how this music makes me feel... so I was happy to read this!
It is a joy to play Scarlatti... his music always gives me a lift!

In a different vein Antonio Lauro make me feel the same way... I love to play his waltzes... such a lilting joy to play.

Thanks again for your comments Charles... I know you love Scarlatti and it is an absolute pleasure for me to play him for you.

Joy in the music

Owl

willshadedc

Post by willshadedc » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:31 am

Lovely. I wish there were more commercial recordings of Scarlatti on guitar. Lets hear some more!

Hansen

Post by Hansen » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:44 am

Wow :shock: , very nice..... :D

mika

Post by mika » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:26 pm

extremely beautiful!!!!!!!

fallin_plume

Post by fallin_plume » Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:25 am

woww.. great playing~~````~

owl

Post by owl » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:17 pm

Thanks to you all for listening... I appreciate your comments

Joy in the music

Owl

Return to “Our recordings of Early music”