Rebeca Oliveira plays Carlos Seixas

When you give a link to a video, post your message in this forum, give your post a title following this example: [YouTube] Paganini; Capricho nº 24.
Erik Zurcher

Rebeca Oliveira plays Carlos Seixas

Post by Erik Zurcher » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:22 pm

I fell instantly in love with this music. Carlos Seixas (1704-1742) was a Portuguese Baroque organist and composer. Guitarist Rebeca Oliveira arranged his sonata 23 and 24 for guitar and can be bought at Les Productions d'Oz (in print or pdf).

Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

richtm

Re: Rebeca Oliveira plays Carlos Seixas

Post by richtm » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:54 pm

Really beautiful music and nice video recording... I like the "open strings Berlin" edition.
Seixas is counted as one of the Scarlatti follower, and you can really hear it... :casque:
:merci:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ernest Köröskenyi 1977 Cedar; Pauline Bernabe Especial 2007 Spruce, 2012 Cedar; Andreas Kirmse 2017 Cedar DT; Philipp Lerche Torres 2018 Spruce

Marshall Dixon

Post by Marshall Dixon » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:23 am

What a magnicificant guitarist!

What a spirit come to life!

Erik Zurcher

Post by Erik Zurcher » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:55 pm

Another great one from Carlos Seixas: Sonata 14

Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Marshall Dixon

Post by Marshall Dixon » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:45 pm

I recently read "Evenings with Horowitz" by David Dubal. Horowitz was known for his transcriptions of Scarlatti but refused to publish any. His attitude was to let other musicians do it themselves as part of the creative process, feeling that there were so many options for interpretation. That said, I just found a Horowitz CD in the bargain bin at my local library and he plays a Bach/Busoni transcription. Artists can be contrary, can't they?

When I watch Rebeca Oliveira play I see in her eyes a certain glee, a care free abandon in her movements and an irrepressable connection to the music.

Return to “Our favourite websites”