Tango En Skai - Tutorial -GSI-Tavi Jinariu

When you give a link to a video, post your message in this forum, give your post a title following this example: [YouTube] Paganini; Capricho nº 24.
richtm

Tango En Skai - Tutorial -GSI-Tavi Jinariu

Post by richtm » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:15 am

Hello everyone,

not sure if this is the right place to post it (if somewhere else more suitable please move it), but I just wanted to share this exciting Video on - how to learn "Tango en skai" part 1 from Roland Dyens.

Thank you Tavi Jinariu for this excellent Video!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ernest Köröskenyi 1977 Cedar; Pauline Bernabe Especial 2007 Spruce, 2012 Cedar; Andreas Kirmse 2017 Cedar DT; Philipp Lerche Torres 2018 Spruce

Flawiler63

Re: Tango En Skai - Tutorial -GSI-Tavi Jinariu

Post by Flawiler63 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:05 am

Thanks for sharing this. Great piece, very clear and engaging presentation by Jinariu.

Guitar-ded

Post by Guitar-ded » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:51 pm

If it helps there was also a tut for this in a recent copy of CG magazine. I think it was the one with Berta Rojas on the cover.
Getting better bit by bit, day by day.

guitarist_le

Post by guitarist_le » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:03 pm

Seems less daunting now :)

Gallagher

Post by Gallagher » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:08 pm

richtm wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:15 am
Hello everyone,

not sure if this is the right place to post it (if somewhere else more suitable please move it), but I just wanted to share this exciting Video on - how to learn "Tango en skai" part 1 from Roland Dyens.

Thank you Tavi Jinariu for this excellent Video!

I'll be surprised if this video link stays up for very long here as Roland's Tango is copyrighted. Secondly I wonder if this instructor and his sponsor GSI a guitar seller have permission from Roland Dyens' estate (he passed away a few years ago) to publish a tutorial video without any royalties coming in - I mean they're driving people to their site which sells expensive guitars, that's the goal. Seems to me the Dyens' estate should get a cut of profits.

Tavi Jinariu

Post by Tavi Jinariu » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:48 am

[/quote]

I'll be surprised if this video link stays up for very long here as Roland's Tango is copyrighted. Secondly I wonder if this instructor and his sponsor GSI a guitar seller have permission from Roland Dyens' estate (he passed away a few years ago) to publish a tutorial video without any royalties coming in - I mean they're driving people to their site which sells expensive guitars, that's the goal. Seems to me the Dyens' estate should get a cut of profits.
[/quote]

Yes, we did acquire mechanical licenses and digital distribution licenses for the performance preview of the piece, even though the performance preview is free of charge and not used for monetization purposes. There is nothing proprietary about breaking down the piece in the form of a tutorial though and, as such, there is no specific license required for that. With regards to the sheet music, we have provided a link to an authorized distributor that sells Tango En Skai.

We are happy that folks are benefiting from these resources and that daunting pieces loose their intimidation factor when broken down in smaller chunks.

Cheers!

Tavi
Life is too short to play music you don't really like!

stratlanta

Post by stratlanta » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:06 pm

Tavi Jinariu wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:48 am

Yes, we did acquire mechanical licenses and digital distribution licenses for the performance preview of the piece, even though the performance preview is free of charge and not used for monetization purposes. There is nothing proprietary about breaking down the piece in the form of a tutorial though and, as such, there is no specific license required for that. With regards to the sheet music, we have provided a link to an authorized distributor that sells Tango En Skai.

We are happy that folks are benefiting from these resources and that daunting pieces loose their intimidation factor when broken down in smaller chunks.

Cheers!

Tavi
Well as an Elite Guitarist subscriber for quite a while now I had zero doubt that this would have been handled respectfully beforehand. I think the respect paid to Mr. Dyens at the beginning of the clip should indicate that nothing underhanded was being done here. It's a great site and even though I don't get nearly enough time to spend on it, I've learned a number of pieces from their tutorials and I really appreciate it's existence, video quality and methodology. And I love this piece but honestly as a hobbyist it always seemed like too big of a mountain to climb. I'm going to give it a shot through this tutorial however. Thanks Tavi.
Bastien Burlot "Alkemia" SP/IN, Dominique Delarue CD/MB, Stephan Connor SP/MP, Kenneth Brogger SP/AR, Sergio Perez "Segovia" CD/AR, Kris Barnett "phi" CD/EB, Lorenzo Frignani SP/IR, Dieter Müller Double Top CD/MR

Return to “Our favourite websites”