ChordU

When you give a link to a video, post your message in this forum, give your post a title following this example: [YouTube] Paganini; Capricho nº 24.
chrispeppler
Amateur luthier

ChordU

Post by chrispeppler » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:35 pm

I recently came across a new site developed and managed by Bitan Sardar. In his words, it is a powerful engine that "automatically recognizes chords for any song using cutting edge technology." You can read my short overview at Guitarsa or go straight to the site at chordu.

bert

Re: ChordU

Post by bert » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:42 am

I went over there and saw there were only major and minor triads. No augmented or diminished chords and no 7th chords. You might be able to play along with pieces, but don't expect to get any life into it.

I compared the chords given for Every Breath You Take with the first site the search engine gave. There a lot of chords had added 9ths or were suspended 2nd chords. From what I understood about Andy Summers' playing that is more what I would expect. So i guess the developer still has some work to do.

chrispeppler
Amateur luthier

Post by chrispeppler » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:21 am

Bert are you using the 'advanced chord' feature? Here is Andy Summer player that tune and there are maj 7th, min7th, and maj 6ths in the ChordU analysis. No need to respond - I just wanted to alert you to this feature in case you missed it :) https://chordu.com/chords-tabs-every-br ... KC-KUg8Xjc

bert

Post by bert » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:33 am

I didn't see that and it explains a lot. I'd rather choose the chords myself, so it's not really a website for me, still obviously better than what I saw at first glance.

Update:
I didn't see any difference in the advanced mode

Return to “Our favourite websites”