Right side of the nails

Classical Guitar technique: studies, scales, arpeggios, theory
Forum rules
IV Laws governing the quotation/citation of music

For discussion of studies, scales, arpeggios and theory.
David Gutowski

Re: Right side of the nails

Post by David Gutowski » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:50 am

guit-box wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:33 pm
David Gutowski wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:38 am
Trying the file on string tomorrow...thanks for the heads up...I'll just have to keep experimenting with it to get the best tone. I did notice most of the players have very low nails...have to try that too.

Thanks again for the videos and nail shaping info. I am familiar with shaping the nails but was wondering about making little picks in the middle of the nail.

Best,
David
The closest thing I've seen to "little picks in the middle of the nail". David Russell's i and m fingernail look a bit like a Fender pick turned so the point is a little closer to the right side of the nail than dead center.
https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/786 ... grS9A.jpeg
Oh, thanks...DR's nails look more like the traditional ramp style...I'm trying that. He is most likely the greatest cg player in the world today...there are others of course, but he's the best in my opinion.
Thanks again.
David
3 hard things for humans: dentist visit, public speaking, offering forgiveness.

Muse: chg pitch measure rhym feel tempo improvise melody harmonize arpeggios stucco your legato & practice

Carrillo Concert
Yulong Chamber '17
Bozo 135

David Gutowski

Re: Right side of the nails

Post by David Gutowski » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:08 am

guit-box wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:41 pm
Pipa players tape little picks to the center of the finger with surgical gauze.
That's what I've been talking about, but without the surgical gauze. Little picks middle of nail... and I see what you mean about the angle of attack. Forget about DR's ramp nails, I think I'll try this shape.

Thanks for the video and help with the quest...change is always worth a try. I'm going to try and get one of those instruments...may not be able to play it but it would look so cool.

Thanks again,
David
3 hard things for humans: dentist visit, public speaking, offering forgiveness.

Muse: chg pitch measure rhym feel tempo improvise melody harmonize arpeggios stucco your legato & practice

Carrillo Concert
Yulong Chamber '17
Bozo 135

Return to “Classical Guitar technique”