L Cohen hallelujah

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Williams

L Cohen hallelujah

Post by Williams » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:36 pm

where can I get the score for hallelujah ,by l Cohen for guitar

Altophile

Re: L Cohen hallelujah

Post by Altophile » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:18 am

There's an arrangement in "Solo Pieces for Acoustic Guitar: New Acoustic Arrangements of 11Popular Songs for Guitar, Vol. 2", (book and CD), published by Wise Publications (ISBN: 978-1-84772-630-8).

Michael Marc also offers an arrangement of the piece:

http://michaelmarc.com/en/hallelujah-sheet-music-tabs

The last time I checked you could hear both on YouTube, but since the song is under copyright, you'll have to search for it yourself, as the URL will be blocked here.

Addendum on 02/19/18: An arrangement can also be found in "Wedding Guitar Solos", from the Hal Leonard Wedding Essentials series (ISBN-10: 1423488660; ISBN-13: 978-1423488668).

~Sean

Mark Clifton-Gaultier

Post by Mark Clifton-Gaultier » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:30 pm

Williams wrote:where can I get the score for hallelujah ,by l Cohen
Altophile wrote:An arrangement can also be found in "Wedding Guitar Solos", from the Hal Leonard Wedding Essentials series
The Beatles' "Yesterday" was my previous winner but that's about the most bizarre wedding music suggestion I've come across so far ... why on earth?

oski79

Post by oski79 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:59 pm

Mark Clifton-Gaultier wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:30 pm
Williams wrote:where can I get the score for hallelujah ,by l Cohen
Altophile wrote:An arrangement can also be found in "Wedding Guitar Solos", from the Hal Leonard Wedding Essentials series
The Beatles' "Yesterday" was my previous winner but that's about the most bizarre wedding music suggestion I've come across so far ... why on earth?
No kidding! :shock:
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

Jeffrey Armbruster

Post by Jeffrey Armbruster » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:20 pm

We need to establish "Hallelujah free zones" for our sanity. The song is 'just a little' overplayed. I'm waiting for Tiny Tim to release his cover. Then everyone will have covered it and we can move on.

and yeah some day people will actually listen to the lyrics and be surprised.

Altophile

Post by Altophile » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:01 pm

Jeffrey Armbruster wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:20 pm
We need to establish "Hallelujah free zones" for our sanity. The song is 'just a little' overplayed. I'm waiting for Tiny Tim to release his cover. Then everyone will have covered it and we can move on.

Well, by that measure then we should also ban Leyenda and Recuerdos de la Alhambra, which would be fine by me.

Hotsoup

Post by Hotsoup » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:13 pm

Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:20 pm
I thought that too--weren't a lot of his songs very agnostic?

Jeffrey Armbruster

Post by Jeffrey Armbruster » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:32 pm

Oh I like Leonard Cohen, mostly. His lyrics often blend spiritual and sexual themes. I think that he was quite sincere about both.

Altophile

Post by Altophile » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:07 pm

Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:32 pm
Oh I like Leonard Cohen, mostly. His lyrics often blend spiritual and sexual themes. I think that he was quite sincere about both.
There was a time when I thought I liked this tune, but then I read the lyrics and decided against it. I'm just not comfortable with singing about taking God's name in vein.

Williams

Post by Williams » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:32 am

Thanks to one and all ,I will check with Hal Leonard

Return to “Search for classical guitar sheet music”