Bach Sarabande in Bm 1002 Per-Olov Kindgren

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Rognvald

Bach Sarabande in Bm 1002 Per-Olov Kindgren

Post by Rognvald » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:04 pm

Does anyone have a source for Per-Olov Kindgren's arrangement of Bach's Sarabande in Bm/Bmv 1002? Thanks, Rognvald
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spake Zarathustra

astro64

Re: Bach Sarabande in Bm 1002 Per-Olov Kindgren

Post by astro64 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:55 am

Perhaps I am misunderstanding your question, but he sells an arrangement for that Sarabande on his website.

Mark Clifton-Gaultier

Post by Mark Clifton-Gaultier » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:15 pm

Rognvald wrote:Does anyone have a source for Per-Olov Kindgren's arrangement of Bach's Sarabande in Bm/Bmv 1002? Thanks
Not the question you asked Rognvald but - if you don't want to buy it - it's easily playable directly from the violin score which is freely available on the web. The only extras you'll get from Kindgren's "arrangement" are a couple of bass notes and some fingering.

Rognvald

Post by Rognvald » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:47 pm

Thanks, Astro and Mark! I'll check out both sources. I especially liked his performance on Youtube using fuller harmonic structures(chords) than my current arrangement. Playing again . . . Rognvald
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spake Zarathustra

soltirefa

Post by soltirefa » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:31 pm

I just watched Per Olov's video on YT and he does play it very well. I don't think it's much different note-wise than the version I have in Fredrick Noad's Baroque Book though.

richtm

Post by richtm » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:48 pm

I would recommend you also to have a look into other transcriptions like Karl Scheit. In Per Olovs version I can recognize most of the transcription and fingering I am used from Scheit's version. :casque: :guitare:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ernest Köröskenyi 1977 Cedar; Pauline Bernabe Especial 2007 Spruce, 2012 Cedar; Andreas Kirmse 2017 Cedar DT; Philipp Lerche Torres 2018 Spruce

Rognvald

Post by Rognvald » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:03 pm

soltirefa wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:31 pm
I just watched Per Olov's video on YT and he does play it very well. I don't think it's much different note-wise than the version I have in Fredrick Noad's Baroque Book though.
Thanks, Solti . . . I also have the Noad version but if you watch his performance, he is using denser chords than our version in several places. I guess I was just looking for a lazy way to edit the piece without having to study what he is actually doing on the video. Thanks . . . Playing again . . . Rognvald . . . and looking for denser chords.

Rognvald

Post by Rognvald » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:05 pm

richtm wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:48 pm
I would recommend you also to have a look into other transcriptions like Karl Scheit. In Per Olovs version I can recognize most of the transcription and fingering I am used from Scheit's version. :casque: :guitare:
Danke . . . richtm! Playing again . . . Rognvald
Here's a link for Scheit's playing. Very impressive.
www.geraldgarcia.com/wordpress/?p=895

Return to “Search for classical guitar sheet music”