The Lord's Prayer in D Maj

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Altophile

The Lord's Prayer in D Maj

Post by Altophile » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:12 pm

Does anyone know of an arrangement of Albert H. Malotte's The Lord's Prayer for solo guitar in D Major? I have a G Maj arrangement, which will suffice if I can't find one in D, but ever since I heard John De Chairo's version in D I've wanted to find one in that key. De Chairo's version isn't available due to copyright issues.

Dave the Great

Re: The Lord's Prayer in D Maj

Post by Dave the Great » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:51 am

You might contact him on his personal site... Giovanni De Chiaro . com

Altophile

Post by Altophile » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:36 am

Dave the Great wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:51 am
You might contact him on his personal site... Giovanni De Chiaro . com
Thanks, that was a good suggestion, but I did that already:-) He said that he can't provide or sell the arrangement because of copyright issues. Others, such as Hal Leonard, have published arrangments of this piece, so it's not impossible. Apparenlty John or whomever owns the rights to his performance just chooses not to pursue obtaining the right to publish the score.

Dave the Great

Post by Dave the Great » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:51 am

I didn't think it was under copyright any longer - it was initially published in 1935. It looks like the library of congress has open access to it. And, you mention some others, such as Hal Leonard, published arrangements of it.

I wonder why he can't? Possibly, somebody created the arrangement for him and won't relinquish the rights to him?

Altophile

Post by Altophile » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:01 am

Dave the Great wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:51 am
I didn't think it was under copyright any longer - it was initially published in 1935. It looks like the library of congress has open access to it. And, you mention some others, such as Hal Leonard, published arrangements of it.

I wonder why he can't? Possibly, somebody created the arrangement for him and won't relinquish the rights to him?
Hmmm... I'm not sure, but possibly. What I found odd was that his recording of The Lord's Prayer is included on the CD that comes with his Wedding Music anthology, yet the arrangement is missing from the anthology! I think that's the first and only time I've ever seen an anthology with accompanying CD in which the CD had music not included in the anthology.

Return to “Search for classical guitar sheet music”