Serenata espana malats versions

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
emeraldvalley

Serenata espana malats versions

Post by emeraldvalley » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:29 pm

Is there a source for notated arrangememt/transcription of Presti and/or Bream version? I read an old blog that many feel these are the most faithful to the piano recording by the composer which i would like to emulate as much as possible. Is there any other Malat pieces thar have been transcribed e.g
Cuban danza?
Thank you

Lovemyguitar

Re: Serenata espana malats versions

Post by Lovemyguitar » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:23 am

According to the liner notes for Bream's version, the publisher is listed as "Union Musical Espanola", which I believe is the original piano score. Bream likely did his own transcription from that.

Mark Clifton-Gaultier

Re: Serenata espana malats versions

Post by Mark Clifton-Gaultier » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:43 pm

emeraldvalley wrote:I read an old blog that many feel these are the most faithful to the piano recording by the composer which i would like to emulate as much as possible.
Angelo Gilardino made an arrangement which is much closer to the recorded Malats version.
emeraldvalley wrote:Is there a source for notated arrangememt/transcription of Presti and/or Bream version?
JB's version is based largely on the one we know as Tárrega's but the ending in particular is closer to Malats in that it maintains the triplet configuration. It's complicated - Tárrega's manuscript notes are in the Leckie collection, Llobet made a more complete version while Segovia appears to have "borrowed" from both rather than make his own transcription. Severino Garcia Fortea's had meanwhile made a version (Union Musical Espanola) which is more faithful to the piano i some places; the triplet ending that you hear Bream perform for instance.
emeraldvalley wrote:Is there any other Malat pieces thar have been transcribed
There is a work transcribed by Azpiazu - Serenata Andaluz.
The first movement of "Impresiones" works about as well on guitar as the second; I sometimes pair them up in performance. I have been unable so far to lay my hands on the third and fourth movements though I have scoured several Spanish libraries.

Return to “Search for classical guitar sheet music”