musicalion website

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
tejjy

musicalion website

Post by tejjy » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:47 am

Has anyone any experience with the website "musicalion"? I ask because their score prices look quite reasonable, they have a range of scores I haven't seen elsewhere, plus their postage rates aren't extortionate. However, the registration process for purchase is a bit eccentric - including offering a 12 month subscription to their library (most of which is public domain, so far as I can tell) + "a site". I can't find an information page on the site to explain this. They seem to have a presence on Facebook, but I don't use that.

If anyone knows anything, appreciate the assistance...

Bernhard Heimann

Re: musicalion website

Post by Bernhard Heimann » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:15 am

I've been a member of "Musicalion" for several years.
There's a tab on the web site called "membership" where you find more information.
It is a music library and a platform for musicians. The fee you pay allows the download of a large number of scores and manage your own web site (if you need that). It doesn't sell information about its users. If you contribute by providing your own scores, you can get a free membership.
I would recommend it for beginners and (early) intermediate players, not for the advanced or professional player.
Composers and arrangers may also find the site useful for publishing their work.
Bernhard

tejjy

Re: musicalion website

Post by tejjy » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:02 am

Bernhard Heimann wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:15 am
I've been a member of "Musicalion" for several years.
There's a tab on the web site called "membership" where you find more information.
It is a music library and a platform for musicians. The fee you pay allows the download of a large number of scores and manage your own web site (if you need that). It doesn't sell information about its users. If you contribute by providing your own scores, you can get a free membership.
I would recommend it for beginners and (early) intermediate players, not for the advanced or professional player.
Composers and arrangers may also find the site useful for publishing their work.
Bernhard
Thanks very much, all I needed to know

Return to “Search for classical guitar sheet music”