Searching for guitar, violin, viola and cello music.

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Marcolino

Searching for guitar, violin, viola and cello music.

Post by Marcolino » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:05 am

Hi everyone,

I was looking for some guitar, violin, viola and cello sheet music. I now of the Paganini, Haydn and Giuliani "quartets" but I am hard pressed to find anything else. Maybe that's all there is? If anyone has any suggestions, links to publications or pdf's I would appreciate it! (Yes, I did search the Delcamp links. :) )

Also, if anyone has any experience in performing any of these pieces I would love to hear what you have to say about the repertoire. Tips, advice etc...

Best regards!
Mark

Cellobello

Re: Searching for guitar, violin, viola and cello music.

Post by Cellobello » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:16 am

Hi Marcolino,

have a look at

http://imslp.org/wiki/Category:Composers

and you will find hundreds and hundreds of composers with sheetmusic for different instruments. If you look into the tab arrangement you may find what you are looking for.
Otherwise visit a shop for sheet music (still existing) :D and ask what you are looking for

Reg's

Cellobello

Cincy2

Post by Cincy2 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:55 am

Luigi Boccherini wrote a few quintets for strings and guitar.

Quintets for Guitar, 2 Violins, Viola, and Cello

G.445, 1798 Quintet No.1, in D minor, for Guitar, 2 Violins, Viola and Cello (version of Piano Quintet G.416 with an additional Minuet found also in the arrangement for String Quintet, G.385)
G.446, 1798 Quintet No.2, in E major, for Guitar, 2 Violins, Viola and Cello (version of Piano Quintet G.417 with an additional Allegretto from G.97 found also in the arrangement for String Quintet, G.386)
G.447, 1798 Quintet No.3, in B♭ major, for Guitar, 2 Violins, Viola and Cello (version of Piano Quintet G.414)
G.448, 1798 Quintet No.4, in D major, for Guitar, 2 Violins, Viola and Cello (arrangement of movements from G.270 and 341, including the famous Fandango)
G.449, 1798 Quintet No.5, in D major, for Guitar, 2 Violins, Viola and Cello (arrangement of movements from G.232, 237 and 411)
G.450, 1798 Quintet No.6, in G major, for Guitar, 2 Violins, Viola and Cello (arrangement of G.240 and 431)
G.451, 1799 Quintet No.7, in E minor, for Guitar, 2 Violins, Viola and Cello (arrangement of Piano Quintet G.407)
G.452, 1799 4 Quintets (No.8, 10, 11, 12), in G major, E♭ major, D major, A minor, for Guitar, 2 Violins, Viola and Cello (arrangement of Piano Quintets G.408, 410, 411, 412; lost)
G.453, 1799 Quintet No.9, in C major, for Guitar, 2 Violins, Viola and Cello (arrangement of Piano Quintet G.409, with addition of Variations on the "Ritirata" of G.324 found also in the Piano Quintet G.418)

Cincy
A wood box, empty
A sensitive heart, too full
You and I connect.

Cellobello

Post by Cellobello » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:14 pm

Marcolino,

came just in to my mind

Granados - Orientale, Andaluzia for G/VC
Albeniz - Tango, Cordoba for G/VC
Schubert - Argeggione for G/VC

Nice to listen, hard to play

Reg's Cellobello

Marcolino

Post by Marcolino » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:17 pm

Thank's for all the suggestions!

I was really hoping to find the exact instrumentation of 1 guitar, 1 violin, 1 viola and 1 cello. Any other ideas?

imslp.org is a great site!

SeanWinkler

Post by SeanWinkler » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:47 pm

Marcolino wrote:Thank's for all the suggestions!

I was really hoping to find the exact instrumentation of 1 guitar, 1 violin, 1 viola and 1 cello. Any other ideas?

imslp.org is a great site!
I see one piece with that combination at Productions d'Oz: "The Four Horsemen" by Greg Brown. The Chanterelle edition of Francois de Fossa's Op.19, no.3 quartet for two guitars, violin, and cello also includes a viola part to substitute for guitar 2. I highly recommend his Op. 18 trios for violin, guitar, and cello if you want to leave your violist at home ;-)
Remember Anthony Weller, please help. Contact myself or Aaron Green for details.

SeanWinkler

Post by SeanWinkler » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:05 pm

There is also the Schubert/Matiegka quartet for flute, viola, guitar, and cello, D. 96. You would have to get the advice of your violinist to see whether the flute part would be playable on the violin, but I think I have heard it played this way before.
Remember Anthony Weller, please help. Contact myself or Aaron Green for details.

Marcolino

Post by Marcolino » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:47 pm

Thanks smwink!

PaulHardy

Post by PaulHardy » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:44 am

Not heard it, but how about...

Fantasia concertante on the Gran Solo op 14, by Angelo Gilardino, pub. Editions Orphee ?

Also Carlo Domeniconi's Op 141 is a Quartetto Mistico for these instruments, but I'm not aware it's published. It's listed on his own website at "my favourite planet" and there are contact details

musicbyandy

Post by musicbyandy » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:56 pm

Marcolino wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:05 am
Hi everyone,

I was looking for some guitar, violin, viola and cello sheet music. I now of the Paganini, Haydn and Giuliani "quartets" but I am hard pressed to find anything else. Maybe that's all there is? If anyone has any suggestions, links to publications or pdf's I would appreciate it! (Yes, I did search the Delcamp links. :) )

Also, if anyone has any experience in performing any of these pieces I would love to hear what you have to say about the repertoire. Tips, advice etc...

Best regards!
Mark
I'm not aware of any such guitar quartets by Giuliani. In addition to the previously mentioned quartets by Paganini, Haydn, Greg Brown, Domeninconi, Sor/Gilardino and Fossa Op. 19 (highly recommended!). There are:

Ferdinand Rebay: Quartet in D Minor available from Editions Eudora (this work has been recorded and is a masterpiece)
Leonard von Call: Op. 3, 57, 118 and 121 (I'm not sure where to find these in print although they have all been recorded I find them somewhat boring)
Ferdinando Carulli: Op. 207 from Editions Eudora (Not aware of any recording and I haven't played it)
Janos Fusz: Op 1 from Editions Musica Budapest (there is a recording on youtube.com with flute in place of violin. I've played this piece and each movement gets better and better)

musicbyandy

Post by musicbyandy » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:59 pm

musicbyandy wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:56 pm
Marcolino wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:05 am
Hi everyone,

Best regards!
Mark
I'm not aware of any such guitar quartets by Giuliani. In addition to the previously mentioned quartets by Paganini, Haydn, Greg Brown, Domeninconi, Sor/Gilardino and Fossa Op. 19 (highly recommended!). There are:

Ferdinand Rebay: Quartet in D Minor available from Editions Eudora (this work has been recorded and is a masterpiece)
Leonard von Call: Op. 3, 57, 118 and 121 (I'm not sure where to find these in print although they have all been recorded I find them somewhat boring)
Ferdinando Carulli: Op. 207 from Editions Eudora (Not aware of any recording and I haven't played it)
Janos Fusz: Op 1 from Editions Musica Budapest (there is a recording on youtube.com with flute in place of violin. I've played this piece and each movement gets better and better)

Here is a Spotify playlist I curate of violin, viola, cello and guitar music:
https://open.spotify.com/user/121278668 ... 3um8Js9cQQ

Here is the Janos Fusz Quartet youtube.com link:

Mollbarre

Post by Mollbarre » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:02 pm

I looked, just for fun, there's a new quartet on IMSLP by Cagri Beklen.

With guitar as the focal point...

The violin and viola parts are easy enough. The cello part is a bit unexciting to play, but sadly, that's a curse cellists have to bear.
2016 Fender CN320AS
2018 Cordoba C10 crossover
2018 Ibanez GA5TCE
...and miscellaneous bits and pieces.

Luis_Br

Post by Luis_Br » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:13 pm

You can play most of the Vivaldi concertos regularly played by the guitar and strings, like the D major and A major concertos (see Williams Vivaldi recordings). I have already played them like this, I have to check if I still have the scores.

musicbyandy

Post by musicbyandy » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:17 pm

Luis_Br wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:13 pm
You can play most of the Vivaldi concertos regularly played by the guitar and chamber orch, reducing the orch to this 3 instruments, like the D major and A major concertos (see Williams Vivaldi recordings). I have already played them like this, I have to check if I still have the scores.
Emilio Pujol arranged the Vivaldi Lute Concerto in D Major RV 93 for guitar, violin, viola and cello. The arrangement is available from Kalmus.
Emilio Pujol also arranged the Trio Sonata in C Major RV 82 as a Concert for Guitar in Major for guitar, violin, viola and cello. The arrangement is available from Kalmus.
There is also an arrangement of the Vivaldi Lute Concerto in D Major RV 93 for guitar, violin, viola and cello available from IMSLP.

Luis_Br

Post by Luis_Br » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:23 pm

musicbyandy wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:17 pm
Luis_Br wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:13 pm
You can play most of the Vivaldi concertos regularly played by the guitar and chamber orch, reducing the orch to this 3 instruments, like the D major and A major concertos (see Williams Vivaldi recordings). I have already played them like this, I have to check if I still have the scores.
Emilio Pujol arranged the Vivaldi Lute Concerto in D Major RV 93 for guitar, violin, viola and cello. The arrangement is available from Kalmus.
Emilio Pujol also arranged the Trio Sonata in C Major RV 82 as a Concert for Guitar in Major for guitar, violin, viola and cello. The arrangement is available from Kalmus.
There is also an arrangement of the Vivaldi Lute Concerto in D Major RV 93 for guitar, violin, viola and cello available from IMSLP.
Yes, I think I played the D major from Pujol's arrangement. It was almost 20 years ago...

Return to “Search for classical guitar sheet music”