Searching 19th century cello guitar duets

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
krahunen

Searching 19th century cello guitar duets

Post by krahunen » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:44 pm

Hi!

I have been searching last couple of years original 19th century pieces for our cello guitar duet. Here is the list of pieces what I have found. I think it's quite broad but for sure not complete. If you have some ideas about the pieces missing from this list, please write a post. And also a possible publisher or a link where to find or buy it.

Thanks, Kimmo :)

List of original 19th century pieces for cello guitar duet
(attributed to) Luigi Legnani – Potpourri Concertant
(attributed to) Luigi Legnani – Introductions & Variations Canzonetta Italiana
J.N. Bobrowicz /J.B.Gross - Potpourri: Souvenir de la Pologne (for cello and terz-guitar)
Wenzeslaus Matiegka – Serenade en Forma di Potpourri op. 30
Dagen Soffren - Several compositions and arrangements of music by Haydn, Mozart and Schubert among others
Gottfried Weber - Variations Op.1 (guitar and flute/cello)
Joseph Mayseder - Variation de concert op. 43 (guitar and violin/cello)
Adam. Darr - Fantasie”Ach! Ich bin des lebens müde) (guitar and violin/cello)
G.P.A. Gatayes - Duo Nr. 2 sur l'Air d'un bouquet de romarin op. 79 (guitar and cello/violin)
M.J.Vidigal - 6 Minuets for guitar and basso continuo (1796?)
Leonhard von Call - Serenades op. 84 and op. 99
Bernard Romberg - Divertimento op. 46
Antonin Kratt - Divertimento
Friedrich Burgmüller - 3 Nocturnes
J.J.F. Dotzauer - Potpourri op. 21

SeanWinkler

Re: Searching 19th century cello guitar duets

Post by SeanWinkler » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:34 pm

P.J. Plouvier - Duo Concertant Op ?? (guitar and cello/violin)
Rischel & Birket-Smith collection
Remember Anthony Weller, please help. Contact myself or Aaron Green for details.

Scot Tremblay
Luthier

Post by Scot Tremblay » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:08 pm

Not 19th century but do you know this one? Nothing like a bit of contemporary Brazillian music to liven things up.

Sonata for Cello and Guitar Radames Gnattali (1906 - 1988) Published by Chanterelle
Scot Tremblay Guitars

"One picture is worth a thousand words. So, for me, one good note put where it should be put, will say what it will take some people many notes to say. ~B.B. King, 1986

Pragueguy

Post by Pragueguy » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:44 am

Scot Tremblay wrote:Not 19th century but do you know this one? Nothing like a bit of contemporary Brazillian music to liven things up.

Sonata for Cello and Guitar Radames Gnattali (1906 - 1988) Published by Chanterelle
It is also my own opinion this is really a terrific conteporary piece of music, really wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!

krahunen

Post by krahunen » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:38 am

Hi!

Gnattali Sonata we have performed many times. There is also a Sonatina for two guitars and cello by Gnattali. I have tried to find this score but it is not published. I even wrote to Gnattalis family who are taking care of his heritage, but also didn't get any answer. Does anybody know how to get the score?

Plouvier's Duo Concertant I also know. When we check out the piece it turned out to be Duo for guitar and violin an with additional cello part, a sort of basso continuo.

For searching 20th century music there is a fine webpage called Sheerpluck - Database for contemporary music. http://www.sheerpluck.de/

Thanks for your kind help

Pragueguy

Post by Pragueguy » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:19 pm

Hi. Regarding how to find the score for the Sonatina 2 gtrs + cello....I don't know specifically but I have many times researched Brasilian scores and in the end I have always found every obscure piece!

I see that on Y-tube there is some student performance of a part of this sonatina from a conservatory in Holland.

Much is findable since much is published as appendix to theses and dissertations: tese + dissertacao

Contact MusicMed in Brasil, I bought whatever they had and got more info from them as well. Maybe they know or can find out something.

And for some pieces in the end, someone I know had a contact in Brasil who agreed to go to a library and copy pieces that were out of print since years.

Anyway, all is findable but it takes sometimes real detective work and not giving up.

Pragueguy

Post by Pragueguy » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:37 pm

These guys recorded the Gnattali Sonatina for two guitars and cello, so they have it: http://www.edenstell.com/

Rui Namora
Concert performers

Post by Rui Namora » Sun May 05, 2019 9:14 pm

Hello all. I know this is 5-year old topic, but
I'm trying to find one of pieces mentioned in the first post, and Google led me here.

G.P.A. Gatayes - Duo Nr. 2 sur l'Air d'un bouquet de romarin op. 79 (guitar and cello/violin)

Can anyone point me where I can find it, and what is the primary source?

Cheers,
RN

Lovemyguitar

Post by Lovemyguitar » Mon May 06, 2019 2:45 am

Rui Namora wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 9:14 pm
...I'm trying to find one of pieces mentioned in the first post, and Google led me here.

Can anyone point me where I can find it...?
I can point you to a recording of it by Duo Vitare (they are Agnieszka Kotulska-Rahunen and Kimmo Rahunen), on their CD called "Canzonetta Italiana". Perhaps you could contact them, and they could give you more information about it. Their website (duovitare dot com) has their contact info. Good luck!

Rui Namora
Concert performers

Post by Rui Namora » Mon May 06, 2019 7:50 am

Lovemyguitar wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 2:45 am
Rui Namora wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 9:14 pm
...I'm trying to find one of pieces mentioned in the first post, and Google led me here.

Can anyone point me where I can find it...?
I can point you to a recording of it by Duo Vitare (they are Agnieszka Kotulska-Rahunen and Kimmo Rahunen), on their CD called "Canzonetta Italiana". Perhaps you could contact them, and they could give you more information about it. Their website (duovitare dot com) has their contact info. Good luck!
Thank you. I know the Vitare Duo and their excellent CD.
I'm going to do that. Besides the the first post of this thread was written by Kimmo Rahunen himself :)
Cheers!

Lovemyguitar

Post by Lovemyguitar » Mon May 06, 2019 8:00 pm

Rui Namora wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 7:50 am
...the the first post of this thread was written by Kimmo Rahunen himself :)
Cheers!
So it was! I didn't even notice that... :oops: Cheers to you, too!

Return to “Search for classical guitar sheet music”