kling on sheet for de oro suction cups

Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists, Aches and Pains, Injuries, etc...
Judith

kling on sheet for de oro suction cups

Post by Judith » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:39 pm

Dear all,
the guitar support is brilliant and I have no back pain until , pop! Clonk! :roll: You know what has happened.
Will the kling on support. ..a rather pricy piece of plastic...really solve my problem?

Related... Am a beginner with a teacher who would like me to sit still but am seriously thinking about the strap as a solution. I've read the 'why no strap?' thread to check that my idea wasn't mad. But I don't want to change teacher either. Am I best sitting still as a beginner?
Judith

Paul Janssen

Re: kling on sheet for de oro suction cups

Post by Paul Janssen » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:52 pm

I use the Finishield sheets on all three of my guitars with my de oro support and wouldn't use a suction cup style support without them. To me they are worth it. I bought a pack of four so it worked out to be about $5 per guitar. Small price to pay!!

Just one word of warning. According to the De Oro website the FiniSHIELD sheets are not recommended for use on Nitro-Cellulose finishes. None of my guitars have a Nitro finish so this didn't affect me.

Karen

Post by Karen » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:03 am

I also use them- one set has been living on one of my guitars for over a year now. When your support goes “pop! Clonk!” the suction cups need cleaning. Just give them (and the plastic shields) a wipe down with a micro fibre cloth.

Judith

Post by Judith » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:09 am

Thanks guys! Finishield ordered and on it's way over the Atlantic.

Judith

Post by Judith » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:13 pm

Finishield doing its job. Sticks nicely and I can leave the support in position in between practice. Feel like a new person.
Still working on playing the guitar properly. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stephen Kenyon
Teacher

Post by Stephen Kenyon » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:39 pm

Paul Janssen wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:52 pm
Just one word of warning. According to the De Oro website the FiniSHIELD sheets are not recommended for use on Nitro-Cellulose finishes. None of my guitars have a Nitro finish so this didn't affect me.
The website doesn't seem to mention this but right at the end a video the maker says it's not for French polish either.
Simon Ambridge Series 40 (2005)
Trevor Semple Series 88 (1992)
Louis Panormo (1838)
Alexander Batov Baroque Guitar (2013)
Simon Ambridge 'Hauser' (2018)

Return to “Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists”