Dynarette slipping forward...

Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists, Aches and Pains, Injuries, etc...
Charles Mokotoff

Re: Dynarette slipping forward...

Post by Charles Mokotoff » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:40 pm

I've tried a lower chair, its better, but the cushion still moves a bit.
I found some sandpaper that has a rubber backing, stapled it on and its way better, ugly as heck, but its working for now.
I was actually planning to put the sandpaper side down, but figured I would try the rubber first.
I've also seen Kling On non slip rubber pads that are supposed to go on the instrument, but I think would work on the Dynarette.

Why doesn't the manufacturer figure something out? Oasis came out with a clone which is really no better, same issues.
2017 Glenn Canin Spruce

Leitmotiv

Post by Leitmotiv » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:55 am

My Dynarette has a little tag, on the lower edge nearest the player. I use this to tether the support to my belt buckle with a shoelace. You might want to reinforce this small piece of material somehow, should you adopt that way of securing the cushion. The buckle will need to be offset left of centre, as the thing sits on your left leg. Your only concern might be walking onstage with the Dynarette on your hip, but it's function will be obvious as soon as you sit down, tune up and play.

Leitmotiv
"...the wonderful ease of masters" - Albert Camus

Luis_Br

Post by Luis_Br » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:52 pm

I used Dynarette in the past and I sewed a rubber material under it, so it didn't slip. I liked it very much, but the biggest was not big enough for me. So I changed to other supports. Later on a changed completely my posture in a way Dynarette doesn't work (more vertical, kind of Galbraith's style).

petermc61

Post by petermc61 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:19 pm

Charles

Try a De Oro support. More secure and more adjustable - you won't go back.

Peter

Erik Zurcher

Post by Erik Zurcher » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:20 pm

I use a Dynarette all the time and found out that a piece of chamois cloth between your trousers and Dynarette works like a miracle.
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Evocacion

Post by Evocacion » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:18 pm

Erik Zurcher wrote:I use a Dynarette all the time and found out that a piece of chamois cloth between your trousers and Dynarette works like a miracle.
Or you could wear lederhosen?

Erik Zurcher

Post by Erik Zurcher » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:26 pm

:lol:
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

David Norton

Post by David Norton » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:17 am

For me, the issue with ANY of these supports is that my lower leg segment (knee-to-ankle) is short. Therefore when I am seated, my upper leg segment (hip-to-knee) has a slight downward angle, so things invariably slide and slip. My only solution has been to ALSO use a footstool at the lowest setting, so that the hip-to-knee segment remains on a slightly upward slope. Otherwise it's a futile fight against gravity.
David Norton
Salt Lake City, UT
First person to complete the Delcamp "Let's Learn Sor's Opus 60" project

Lawler

Post by Lawler » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:00 am

I use a Dynarette support for about half of my practice time. I like it... for the variety it offers in sitting position, the clean stage-black-non-mechanical look of it... and no suction cups... even more-so the functional aspects, though like David Norton, I have to arrange things so my thigh is angled slightly upwards at the knee (for me it's about chair height)... or else all that functionality slips away.

celestemcc

Post by celestemcc » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:06 pm

Definitely try something other than a Dynarette.... there are much better option available now (seconding the DeOro suggestion.)
2015 Connor spruce/Indian rosewood
1978 Ramirez 1a cedar

Return to “Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists”