Simple workout to reduce shoulder and low back pain

Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists, Aches and Pains, Injuries, etc...
keithwwk

Simple workout to reduce shoulder and low back pain

Post by keithwwk » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:27 pm

Dear friends,
Happy new year to all :D

Pardon me if what I post now was done by other.

I am here to share two easy stretching postures and one simple exercise to reduce shoulder pain, neck pain, pain around shoulder blade area, lower back and lumbar region that worked very good on me.

I understand all of our body build differently and reflect thing differently. What worked on me may not suit you. But you can give them a try. Who's know? :D

Below images are taken from net. I hope not offended any copyright.

Try to do these two postures and hold the position for minimum of 30 counts. Gradually to 2mins. Can do any time, anywhere and everyday. Half way of CG practice time etc. Keep doing. Don't give up.

The first posture is to squeezing the shoulder blade and should try to lifting up both hand as much as possible without hurting self. Remember to keep breathing thru nose. Spine straight. Look Straight.

The Second postures can do by sitting (Safer) or standing. The key points are interlock both and fingers (especially both pinky) and turn the palm facing up to ceiling, both arm must be straight and behind ears. Try to lifting up rib-cage and arm straighten to ceiling as much as possible. Remember to keep breathing thru nose. Spine straight. Look Straight.

The exercise look extremely easy and a lot of youngsters and some of my friends told me that's they are still not old enough for this exercise. Well, I do not care how other think which I couldn't control. What I know is this exercise work wonder on me which strengthen my knee, waist muscle, lower back and shoulder. I also think it improve blood circulation to fingers too.
P/S: The video is Chinese video with English subtitle. Can start from 1:00.

I hope this can help some of you.

Wishing all of us keep playing guitar with good health!

:bye:

First

Second

Exercise
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJxa7V8 ... e=youtu.be
Antonio Picado Model 60 Spruce 2017
Esteve Mod 1.4ST Spruce 2003
Ryoji Matsuoka M20 Cedar 1978
M.Sakurai No.5 Cedar 1976
Yamaha G225

ashworth

Re: Simple workout to reduce shoulder and low back pain

Post by ashworth » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:54 pm

This looks very helpful—I'm anxious to try them. Thank you!
- Donnie

Return to “Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists”