More Adjustable Foot Stool/Rest Options

Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists, Aches and Pains, Injuries, etc...
skipneumann

More Adjustable Foot Stool/Rest Options

Post by skipneumann » Fri May 06, 2016 9:42 am

Is there a foot stool/rest that provides more adjustments? The ones I have found and use are 3 slot versions. I am hoping to raise the height but the next slot is too high. Thanks

Tim522

Re: More Adjustable Foot Stool/Rest Options

Post by Tim522 » Fri May 06, 2016 11:42 am

my K&M footrest has 6 heights

guitarrista

Post by guitarrista » Fri May 06, 2016 6:17 pm

I have this one, Koenig and Meyer, with 6 positions:
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Konstantin
--
1982 Anselmo Solar Gonzalez

Andrew Pohlman

Post by Andrew Pohlman » Fri May 06, 2016 8:21 pm

There are a zillion footstools that all look exactly the same as if there is one maker in China and all the sellers just put there own brand name on them. I bought a K&M and it broke after three uses. No, I am not an elephant who stomped upon it.

If there was a metal footstool that was truly "heavy duty", I'd buy it. But due to the wimpy nature of the zillions that look like the K&M, I made a fixed position stool from hardwood plywood scraps. Looks great! Works great! The drawback is that it is fixed, but I made it to fit my personal anatomy exactly. It is rock solid, laterally stable, and has never failed. It's perfect for my home practice area.

I'd be very interested in a good design for an adjustable/portable foot stool using wood with metal bars or even piano hinges for the articulating parts. Maybe I'll ask over in the luthier forum.
2013 Rodriguez FF Sabicas blanco
2015 Trevor Gore custom Neoclassical
- redwood top, Palo dorado B+Ss.

skipneumann

Post by skipneumann » Thu May 19, 2016 4:19 am

thanks I am going to really change up and get the Barnett Guitar Support. Thanks for your ideas

pogmoor

Post by pogmoor » Thu May 19, 2016 10:22 am

skipneumann wrote:thanks I am going to really change up and get the Barnett Guitar Support.
Well worth it - for me the best support I've ever tried :)
Eric from GuitarLoot
Renaissance and Baroque freak; classical guitars by Lester Backshall (2008), Ramirez (Guitarra del Tiempo 2017),
Yamaha (SLG 130NW silent classical guitar 2014).

dwtrux

Post by dwtrux » Fri May 20, 2016 3:47 pm

Take a look at my review of the TPGS+ guitar support. It does have suction cups though so it is a different install than the Barnett but much less bulky.

On the footstool - my metal one like the above collapsed on the lowest level as well as the metal hooks or notch under the footpad are pretty flimsy and literally flattened out without much leg weight on it. Now, I can only use the footstool on on a higher setting [even though I straightened out the lowest notch a couple of times, it failed again.] If the hooks or notches were more stout, I would still be using it.

Dave Stott

Post by Dave Stott » Tue May 24, 2016 11:48 am

Personally, I am addicted to the De Oro guitar supports... I use them on my classical and steel string guitars & have been using them for more than 6 months now. They've never come off during hours of use at home, open mics or weekly gatherings.

I gave serious thought to using the Barnett supports, but there is no way I would be able to get my hands inside to position the supports. If Kris ever develops an installation tool, I might rethink my decision.
2015 Cordoba GK Pro Negra
2016 Cordoba C-10 Cedar
2003 Froggy Bottom H-12 Deluxe

robin loops

Post by robin loops » Tue May 24, 2016 6:18 pm

You can also use an adjustable chair. I use a drummers throne. Then you can adjust the stool and make fine adjustments with the height of the chair.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them.
-James-

MAK

Post by MAK » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:10 am

I just received the K & M I ordered. I've been using an On Stage foot stool with only 4 positions. The K & M's 6 positions work for me. The second lowest position is an inch lower than the one I've been using and is the height I have been trying to achieve.

I think the build is also pretty strong.

Kjetil Heggelund

Post by Kjetil Heggelund » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:30 am

I also have bad experience with K & M unfortunately. I had 2 that broke too quick. I bought a wooden thing that I'm not satisfied with (too steep). Hope someone can mention a reliable maker of footstools because I won't use anything else :-)
Kevin Aram "Torres", 2009
Stephan Schlemper "Transparence", 2015
Whatever you can do to have a good time, let's get on with it so long as it doesn't cause a murder...FZ

Traveller

Post by Traveller » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:47 am

You might try the Hercules FS100B Large Guitar Foot Rest. It's very stable with five adjustments.

Kjetil Heggelund

Post by Kjetil Heggelund » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:30 pm

Thank-you Traveller! Looking at it now. I'm unfortunately almost 100kg of guitar man and can understand that things break...
Kevin Aram "Torres", 2009
Stephan Schlemper "Transparence", 2015
Whatever you can do to have a good time, let's get on with it so long as it doesn't cause a murder...FZ

Return to “Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists”