Guitar strap fitted

Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists, Aches and Pains, Injuries, etc...
uptempo

Guitar strap fitted

Post by uptempo » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:00 pm

I just fitted some nice snakewood strap buttons to my guitat. :lol:

Wow! What a liberating experience and something I should have done a long time ago. Sitting is much easier and standing is surprisingly very comfortable. As part of my rehab back to full playing fitness I will be standing much more.

I just got the drill out and went for it. :D

pogmoor

Re: Guitar strap fitted

Post by pogmoor » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:35 pm

uptempo wrote:I just got the drill out and went for it
Gee, it must take courage to drill into your guitar :lol:
Eric from GuitarLoot
Renaissance and Baroque freak; classical guitars by Lester Backshall (2008), Ramirez (Guitarra del Tiempo 2017),
Yamaha (SLG 130NW silent classical guitar 2014).

uptempo

Post by uptempo » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:50 pm

pogmoor wrote:
uptempo wrote:I just got the drill out and went for it
Gee, it must take courage to drill into your guitar :lol:
Yeah - I feel like a hero. I did slip though and now I have a badly positioned soundport. :lol:

RobMacKillop

Post by RobMacKillop » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:05 pm

My Ricardo Sanchez guitar has a strap button, so I tried it out. Not bad. I had to tie the other end around the headstock, but I think it would be better if there were a button on the heel, but I could never do that. So, uptempo, do you tie yours to the head?

uptempo

Post by uptempo » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:19 pm

Hi Rob

No I drilled the heel. I have done other guitars but never a classical. To be honest I don't intend ever selling this guitar so I just took the decision to do it in the name of ergonomics.

I do appreciate though that most classical guitarists would not do this. I must say though that the comfort level is far superior to anything else I have tried. Even when sitting the strap holds the guitar in a really balanced and secure position.

Get your drills out folks and join the revolution. Lol

RobMacKillop

Post by RobMacKillop » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:30 pm

:bravo:

kirkmc

Post by kirkmc » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:07 pm

I tried one of those straps that hooks onto the sound hole, and it's not practical; it's designed to go over the neck like a saxophone strap, and there's too much weight on my neck like that. It would be tempting to add buttons to my guitar; it's cheap enough that I wouldn't worry too much. But are there buttons that can glue onto a guitar?

AndreiKrylov

Post by AndreiKrylov » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:27 pm

uptempo wrote:Hi Rob

No I drilled the heel. I have done other guitars but never a classical. To be honest I don't intend ever selling this guitar so I just took the decision to do it in the name of ergonomics.

I do appreciate though that most classical guitarists would not do this. I must say though that the comfort level is far superior to anything else I have tried. Even when sitting the strap holds the guitar in a really balanced and secure position.

Get your drills out folks and join the revolution. Lol
Yes, I did this too.. :) long time ago..
by the way - it is very important toput button in the right place.
It make a big difference for positioning and and stability of guitar :)
Good luck to you with playing with strap ! :)

Return to “Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists”