Jaw Clenching

Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists, Aches and Pains, Injuries, etc...
fisherbim

Re: Jaw Clenching

Post by fisherbim » Wed May 20, 2009 2:54 pm

RainyDayMan wrote:I clench my jaw too when playing. When I focus on my breathing, the jaw clenching stops but my playing goes to pieces...:)
i had the same issues before and what i did was, i just closed my eyes and pretend someone else was playing badly... :roll:

breathing through slightly opened jaw really helped. and the smile. i still close my eyes sometimes but for effect. my audience (my niece) finds it very funny... :wink:

dawhealer

Post by dawhealer » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:45 pm

GuitaristOrdinate wrote:
fidicial wrote:Hey Frank, :lol:. Wish I could see that one. It is the opposite for me I tend to show no facial expressions at all. Maybe, I am just a robot or something.
That's me , when I look in the mirror while practicing I have to think " man doesn't he look mean " . Maybe it's because I take everything so seriously instead of relaxing and just enjoying the music . I just don't know what the answer to this problem is ( if it is a problem ) .
Check out a John Mayer video on Youtube. THAT guy has seriously extreme "guitar face."

RainyDayMan

Post by RainyDayMan » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:28 am

dawhealer wrote:
GuitaristOrdinate wrote:) .
Check out a John Mayer video on Youtube. THAT guy has seriously extreme "guitar face."
For a real laugh check dana carvey youtube "guitar humor"

Return to “Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists”