Aaron Shearer's guitar method

Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists, Aches and Pains, Injuries, etc...
EricW

Aaron Shearer's guitar method

Post by EricW » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:56 pm

I was just wondering if Shearer's guitar method is still current and "proper." Specifically the posture. I know sometimes people look back on older schools of anything and cringe at the things they did (not just guitar playing!).

Vesuvio

Re: Aaron Shearer's guitar method

Post by Vesuvio » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:06 pm

Hello Eric,

Some like it, some don't. Here are a few earlier discussions:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=37255
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=33011
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=34550

Best wishes, V :)
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

EricW

Post by EricW » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:07 pm

Thanks V :merci:

tocapuro

Post by tocapuro » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:23 pm

Eric,
I have studied with two of Shearer's students and currently use his method in my own teaching. While I'm a great fan of his method books, I strongly encourage you to find a teacher who has either studied with Shearer or one of his students so that they can properly teach you his method (if this is something you are interested in). If done well, you will see fantastic results.
Good luck,
Dennis

AsturiasFan

Post by AsturiasFan » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:11 am

One of Shearer's method book shows that he places the headstock of the guitar well in front of the body, or in other words the neck of the guitar angles away from the body towards the audience. Parkening's method book shows just the opposite. I would be interested to know if anyone does it the Shearer way.

Return to “Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists”