Paraffin wax treatments

Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists, Aches and Pains, Injuries, etc...
kegantess

Paraffin wax treatments

Post by kegantess » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:04 pm

Anyone do these on their hands? They feel wonderful, and not only keep the hands loose, but really nice for the skin too!

Lisa

ksjazzguitar

Re: Paraffin wax treatments

Post by ksjazzguitar » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:56 pm

Hey,

I've not tried them myself, but some quick research convinced me that it is good for the skin - it opens up your pores and coats with paraffin oil. As far as claims that it is good for the joints, I suspect that that has more to do with the heat with anything else. But I wasn't able to find a reference to it on "quackwatch" or any medical hoax site (Only several articles warning against paraffin ear candles.) I'd say, if it feels good, doesn't cost too much, and doesn't hurt your nails, then go for it.

Enjoy,
Kevin

Carl Peter

Post by Carl Peter » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:10 pm

I have found it easier, quicker, and less painful to pour isopropyl alcohol over my hands and then light it - hairs all gone in an instant, although the smell does linger a while. :D

ksjazzguitar

Post by ksjazzguitar » Sat May 02, 2009 3:35 pm

Carl Peter wrote:I have found it easier, quicker, and less painful to pour isopropyl alcohol over my hands and then light it ...
And a great way to scare your little sister!!!

Return to “Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists”