My Ergoplay and why I cant use a foot stool

Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists, Aches and Pains, Injuries, etc...
Eric

Re: My Ergoplay and why I cant use a foot stool

Post by Eric » Thu May 21, 2009 8:06 pm

Getting the Ergoplay was one of the best things I have done concerning the guitar. I have had it for over a year now and using it is as natural as can be. It is part of my guitar now. My back pain has virtually disappeared. I also have a Gitano but I prefer the Ergoplay by far.

jazztubes

Post by jazztubes » Sun May 24, 2009 3:56 pm

+1 for the Ergoplay troster also. I'm 6'1" and have the legs of a much shorter person, with the back of a much taller person - we're all built differently (unless you are lucky enough to be in the 'norm'). So physically with a foot stool I can not get my left leg high enough to support the guitar such that the top of the bout is near my upper chest. Tried several supports, none provided the secure feeling of the Ergo. I also had to fool around with both the position of the arms and the suction cups till I found the best spot...it took a couple of weeks. As much as I would really like to not use the thing, it sure beats being crouched over like a troll to play!
d

Denis Paradis

Post by Denis Paradis » Mon May 25, 2009 5:18 pm

I'm a Tenuto user, will never go back to a foot stool...

Take a look here as a clear indication that it's picking up pace:

12 guitarists (Forestare group) yet only 5 foot stools, remainder use Gitanos, Ergoplays and Tenutos (Dynarettes not sure).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music”

- Rachmaninov

Olarte

Post by Olarte » Mon May 25, 2009 7:53 pm

Eden7c wrote:I'm a Tenuto user, will never go back to a foot stool...
Ditto, I'm a Tenutoi user myself and totally agree. I wish it was advertised, and more widely available as it's such a nice piece of engineering, I'd hate to see them stop making them. I think everyone that has one loves it.

I'm even thinking of getting a 2nd one as a backup in case they are discontinued.

Paul

Post by Paul » Mon May 25, 2009 8:03 pm

Eden7c wrote:I'm a Tenuto user, will never go back to a foot stool...

Take a look here as a clear indication that it's picking up pace:

12 guitarists (Forestare group) yet only 5 foot stools, remainder use Gitanos, Ergoplays and Tenutos (Dynarettes not sure).
I would like to know what the Forestare group will do when they get their first left-handed player. Foot stool or not.

Denis Paradis

Post by Denis Paradis » Tue May 26, 2009 1:29 am

Paul wrote: I would like to know what the Forestare group will do when they get their first left-handed player. Foot stool or not.
Well... Let's see... put the Tenuto on the other side of the guitar, adjust the angle and voilà! :)

I'm no lefty as the cutaway and the order of the strings show, but the Tenuto's still is perfectly adapting on the right tigh...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

- Rachmaninov

jazztubes

Post by jazztubes » Tue May 26, 2009 12:41 pm

Paul:

>I would like to know what the Forestare group will do when they get their first left-handed player. Foot stool or not.

Perhaps add bruised eyes to bruised egos as a concert risk?

Although, it worked for Lennon and McCartney :-)

dave

Paul

Post by Paul » Tue May 26, 2009 1:00 pm

Eden7c wrote:Well... Let's see... put the Tenuto on the other side of the guitar, adjust the angle and voilà!
I asked because of that picture showing all the guitars perfectly lined up in one direction :)

Denis Paradis

Post by Denis Paradis » Tue May 26, 2009 6:39 pm

Paul wrote:I asked because of that picture showing all the guitars perfectly lined up in one direction :)
:lol: I'll never get used to English humour (Still am a fan of it though :) )

- Rachmaninov

Paul

Post by Paul » Tue May 26, 2009 6:44 pm

Eden7c wrote:
Paul wrote:I asked because of that picture showing all the guitars perfectly lined up in one direction :)
:lol: I'll never get used to English humour (Still am a fan of it though :) )
I apologise for not putting a smilie at the end of my silly joke :)

Thanks for the pictures of the tenuto, I wanted to ask what it looked like also, but I forgot.

Return to “Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists”