Ergoplay slides away

Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists, Aches and Pains, Injuries, etc...
BTierney

Re: Ergoplay slides away

Post by BTierney » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:53 pm

Dear Anna and GuitarVlog,

Thanks for the Canarios performance! Very nice fitting in the Prelude to the Sixth Cello Suite. They both have that driving triplet feel.

Impy

Post by Impy » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:01 am

Olarte wrote:I just learned of a wonderful trick that a the great Carlos Perez uses.
Thank you for this great trick! It's so simple but effective I'm wondering why I didn't have the idea. But now I got to thread back the lace to my shoe and buy a new one for this purpose at the next opportunity :lol:

Grant

Post by Grant » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:42 pm

I solved the slipping problem by simply adjusting the parts of the ergo play to form a straight line instead of an s bend. The forces are then directed in a straight line on to the thigh instead of an angle that leads to slippage.
image.jpg
adjusted ergo play and below a pic of how an ergo play is normally setup.
I hope this helps.
I also use a shoe lace for added security but don't really need it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tim Mullins

Post by Tim Mullins » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:46 pm

After reading over this topic, it seems to me that anything that is this much trouble to get to work properly is less than ideal. Those searching for a simpler solution may want to google "Mobius Strap" for an alternative solution.

Stephen Graham

Post by Stephen Graham » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:37 pm

I use guitar support and I had the slippage problem, really depended upon what pants I am wearing, but the solution for me was the non-slip drawer liners, a piece of that made a huge difference, I like the string idea, I'll give that a shot.

chip.altman

Post by chip.altman » Tue May 27, 2014 11:26 pm

Olarte wrote:I just learned of a wonderful trick that a the great Carlos Perez uses.
Yes!! I thought I was the only one who did that. My belt isn't quite as discrete, but sitting on a belt that is fixed to the guitar support ends sliding period. For a while before that, I searched for a chair that would keep my legs parallel to the floor (I'm short). I went so far as to chopping legs shorter on several chairs but that causes different problems; hip joints like for legs to go down a little when you sit.

However, just this week I decided to set the Tröster aside and have been using ... drum roll please ... das Modell "Tappert for kids"! "Ist ideal für Kindergitarren" ... unt Chippergitarren apparently :)

It hasn't started sliding yet and it fits in my case!

Return to “Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists”