Nerves and right hand shake...

Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists, Aches and Pains, Injuries, etc...
Scott_Kritzer

Re: Nerves and right hand shake...

Post by Scott_Kritzer » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:24 pm

Kenpopdx,

Good to hear your comments. Oddly I can control PA when playing, even speaking with the guitar in my lap but when I have to 'stand' in front of an audience I act like I've never been up there before. :?

We'd love to have you at the next PAR POD. It's an informal group and there's no charge. Just go to my website and subscribe and you'll get a notice!

Scott
Classical Guitarist Scott Kritzer

Kenbobpdx

Post by Kenbobpdx » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:05 pm

Scott,
Thanks for the invite. I'll check it out.

Ken
"If I had 8 hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend six sharpening my axe."
Abraham Lincoln

Tonyyyyy

Post by Tonyyyyy » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:46 pm

lagartija wrote:.......
As for my anxiety, I know I can get up and speak in front of a large crowd without nervousness. But I have been speaking for 56 or so years and only playing guitar for two! So my confidence in my playing is not nearly as well developed as in my speaking abilities. ...
Thats very true :D Enough time spent with the guitar, and with successful enjoyable, confidence building results, both alone and in front of people, then playing should gradually catch up with speaking (to an extent :oops: ). Even so despite speaking expertise over years we can still sometimes get tongue tied when stressed or tired

A nice quote from cellist Yo Yo Ma
My favorite way is to imagine that I'm throwing a party. When I'm on stage, I'm the host. Everybody wants to have a good time. If something falls apart, that should not ruin or affect the totality of the time spent at a party. Because something is always going to go wrong. If you get really hot and bothered about it, it's going to affect a guest's enjoyment—and your own. So let things go! Also, we live a life where we're constantly being judged. The point of performing is not being judged—it's about sharing things. But you need to have something to share that you think is really worthwhile. If you're convinced of that, then you find the technique to make that possible.
http://www.motherjones.com/media/2016/0 ... ng-me-home

Return to “Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists”