BRW Guitar Support

Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists, Aches and Pains, Injuries, etc...
HNLim

BRW Guitar Support

Post by HNLim » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:10 am

What will you do if you have plenty of scrape wood especially brazilian rosewood? Nothing big that you can build with them except small items. I have been thinking about it for several years now. Finally I decided to make myself a guitar support.

My inspiration comes from the following:
1. Woodyplay support which I have own for about 3 years now which uses suction cups.
2. Murata support which according to Sen is very versatile but needs to clamp on the guitar
3. Barnett support which used rare earth magnets to attach the support to the guitar.

I have plenty of rare earth magnets both rectangular and round disc magnets at my disposal.

So after several days with plenty of modifications, I have come up with this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1980 Yamaha GC30A - BRW/Spruce
1984 Yamaha GC70 - BRW/Spruce
2015 Sen #5 - BRW/Spruce
2017 LHN - BRW/Spruce

HNLim

Re: BRW Guitar Support

Post by HNLim » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:16 am

I really love this support. I made used of the Woodyplay to set my positon and angles before I started working on the support. It's extremely stable and firm and very versitile to use. Surprisingly it fits all my classical guitars. With plenty of spare magnets, attaching this support to the other guitars was very simple.

Now I just need to probably put some wood carving and maybe inlay a MOP design on it and finishing it with lacquer.

I do notice one improvement when I mount this suppost and that is the sound of the the guitar becomes crispier. I love the crispier sound.
2015 Sen #5 - BRW/Spruce
2017 LHN - BRW/Spruce

Justfun

Post by Justfun » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:43 pm

very nice Cool!
can you adjust the high?
fred
Richard Reynoso, Cypress \ Spruce 2016
Ramirez 4NE, IRW \ Cedar 2011
Yamaha CG192S

HNLim

Post by HNLim » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:02 pm

It is not adjustable as it is design to fit my playing position. The height can be adjusted higher if I add a spacer using the magnets to attach to the round base and fabricate a longer rod. That is provided that I am growing taller, but it seems that I am not going to grow taller any time soon.
2015 Sen #5 - BRW/Spruce
2017 LHN - BRW/Spruce

cefyn

Post by cefyn » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:54 pm

That looks really good - very professional looking. Personally, I wouldn't decorate it at all - just give it a coat of something.

You should make them to order!

Cef
1983 Robert Cross Spruce & IRW

Charles Dog

Post by Charles Dog » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:37 pm

No,but I really appreciate you reply!

Return to “Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists”