Guitar Supports on Right Leg...

Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists, Aches and Pains, Injuries, etc...
souldier

Re: Guitar Supports on Right Leg...

Post by souldier » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:35 pm

+1 on the De Oro support. Undoubtedly you can get the perfect angle you're looking for when placed on the right or left leg. It is also virtually indestructible, portable, light, and the suction cups seem more robust than on other supports. Been using mine for years and still looks and functions like new.

I also recently gave the barnett support a try, and the versatility will definitely allow for the one to use it on the right leg as well. If the person doesn't need a high neck angle they can get the short model, but both the standard/short models have nobs to adjust the height.
"Success grants its rewards to a few, but is the dream of the multitudes.
Excellence is available to all, but is accepted only by a few." - Christopher Parkening

Rob Sheffer

Post by Rob Sheffer » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:19 pm

I have used the ergoplay Tappert and Troster models and I like both. I personally haven't experimented with this much- but I bet you could get the Tappert to work pretty well on the right leg. You might need to add some kind of padding for friction, though.

Thanks
Rob

celestemcc

Post by celestemcc » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:17 pm

+2 on DeOro. Works on both legs too.
2015 Connor spruce/Indian rosewood
1978 Ramirez 1a cedar

rojarosguitar

Post by rojarosguitar » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:50 pm

More and more right leg for me...
Music is a big continent with different landscapes and corners. Some of them I do visit frequently, some from time to time and some I know from hearsay only ...

My Youtube Channel is: TheMusicalEvents

ronjazz

Post by ronjazz » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:41 pm

Yes, Fred Hand has converted to right leg with support, lengthens the spine, looks very comfortable, and he was a left-foot footstool user for decades.
Lester Devoe Flamenco Negra
Lester Devoe Flamenco Blanca
Aparicio Flamenco Blanca with RMC pickup
Bartolex 7-string with RMC pickup
Giannini 7-string with Shadow pickup
Sal Pace 7-string archtop

rob taft

Post by rob taft » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:29 pm

I'm another player who uses a Barnett support on my right leg. The base of the Barnett support swivels to allow it to adapt to either right or left leg. To be honest, this support was a god send as 30 minutes with a foot stool just caused to much pain in my lower back.

Paul Janssen

Post by Paul Janssen » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:35 am

+3 for the DeOro support. Easy to adjust to virtually any playing position plus they don't look bulky or obtrusive. I'll also add that Diego is a really great person to deal with!!!

Return to “Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists”