sitting posture

Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists, Aches and Pains, Injuries, etc...
Purdy Bear

Re: sitting posture

Post by Purdy Bear » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:34 pm

Purdy Bear wrote:Here's a very simple strap solution, it's basically a large loop that the guitar sits in:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt-HyOGEVSQ
Purdy Bear wrote:
I purchased some 10 cm woven ribbon (3 meters) which came today. It's very much like a pink medieval design, so will look great with the classical guitar. Anyway I've measured it, turned in the ends twice for a nice seam and added a wide Velcro to each side. It means if/when I see a teacher I can adjust the height of the guitar just in case I get it wrong on my own.

For the ribbon I probably only needed 2 meters, but that would change for the neck to waist length for the individual person, I'm a 5Ft 3, so someone taller would need more ribbon. Oh for the guys webbing would work as well, and the clips can be brought pretty cheaply as well. A camera strap may work if it's long enough.

Purdy Bear

Post by Purdy Bear » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:35 pm

Purdy Bear wrote:
Purdy Bear wrote:Here's a very simple strap solution, it's basically a large loop that the guitar sits in:

I purchased some 10 cm woven ribbon (3 meters) which came today. It's very much like a pink medieval design, so will look great with the classical guitar. Anyway I've measured it, turned in the ends twice for a nice seam and added a wide Velcro to each side. It means if/when I see a teacher I can adjust the height of the guitar just in case I get it wrong on my own.

For the ribbon I probably only needed 2 meters, but that would change for the neck to waist length for the individual person, I'm a 5Ft 3, so someone taller would need more ribbon. Oh for the guys webbing would work as well, and the clips can be brought pretty cheaply as well. A camera strap may work if it's long enough.
[/quote]

Purdy Bear

Post by Purdy Bear » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:35 pm

Purdy Bear wrote:
Purdy Bear wrote:

Tonyyyyy

Post by Tonyyyyy » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:18 pm

Purdy Bear wrote:
Purdy Bear wrote:
Purdy Bear wrote:

Of course...Velcro :idea:

I will definitely try this

avins

Post by avins » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:21 pm

I suffered from back pains and numb thigh when I used the footstool , So had to take rest every 15 or 20 minutes , I recently got the Ergoplay which is so great , I can practice for very long period of time without any discomfort , it is really a great inverntion.so logical ,mine has three suction points.
Avins

Return to “Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists”