for sufferers of hand pain..

Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists, Aches and Pains, Injuries, etc...
dandan

for sufferers of hand pain..

Post by dandan » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:44 pm

I have suffered for years with problems with tendonitis, circulation problems, swollen joints etc. I recently found a product which has worked wonders for me. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to name it on here and don't want people to think I'm a sales rep, so PM me if you suffer similar problems and I'll tell you the name of the product.
1966 Sakazo Nakade D
1969 Rokutaro Nakade A9
1977 Aria AG80 (Masaru Takeiri)
1997 Hiroumi Yamaguchi A-I

nightflight

Re: for sufferers of hand pain..

Post by nightflight » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:04 am

Removed by sender.

petermc61

Post by petermc61 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:20 am

I am sure there are absolutely no restrictions on naming such products. It is not uncommon on this site.

bear

Post by bear » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:04 pm

dandan wrote:I have suffered for years with problems with tendonitis, circulation problems, swollen joints etc. I recently found a product which has worked wonders for me. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to name it on here and don't want people to think I'm a sales rep, so PM me if you suffer similar problems and I'll tell you the name of the product.
We mention products all the time, some of us skirt around naming vendors such as aaaaamazzzzon or the bay, etc.. The mods. are pretty good at weeding out the sales reps..
By the way I have over the years, broken many of the bones in both hands, some of them a couple of times. I've also severed a tendon and had my amputated finger sewn back on, so "I feel your pain".
In addition I have gout. It was the treatment for gout that turned me onto black cherries. The black cherries worked better than indoicin and also benefited my hands.
I can usually play for about an hour before the pain (from several areas) gets to be too much.
2019 Gretsch G9126 432mm
2013 Jeff Medlin '37 Hauser 640mm sp
2006 Michele Della Giustina Concert 10 string 650mm ce
2005 Jose Ramirez 4E 650mm ce
2005 Manuel Rodriguez Model C3F 650mm sp
2003 Manuel Rodriguez Model D 650mm ce

Bill B

Post by Bill B » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:30 pm

In addition I have gout. It was the treatment for gout that turned me onto black cherries. The black cherries worked better than indoicin and also benefited my hands.
I can usually play for about an hour before the pain (from several areas) gets to be too much.[/quote]
Black cherries? Is there any particular form?
I have an allergic reaction to many raw tree fruits, including cherries, but cooked is no problem....
Many we need a pie :-)
2013 Angel Benito Aguado
2005 Ramirez R-2

bear

Post by bear » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:11 pm

Bill B wrote:In addition I have gout. It was the treatment for gout that turned me onto black cherries. The black cherries worked better than indoicin and also benefited my hands.
I can usually play for about an hour before the pain (from several areas) gets to be too much.
Black cherries? Is there any particular form?
I have an allergic reaction to many raw tree fruits, including cherries, but cooked is no problem....
Many we need a pie :-)[/quote]

I prefer the fresh ones, but when they are out of season, I get the frozen. I keep a couple of bags in the freezer year round and heat up a bowl in the microwave. I don't know about pie. A friend had "trigger finger" and gets the extract at a health food store and she said it worked.
My wife has inflammation in both lungs. She's not fond of the cherries but can hold her nose and drink cherry juice. We don't know if it's working, but she has some tests next month. If it doesn't work then she may have to go on steroids.
My brother also has gout. I've had it about 10 years longer. Mine has remained in my foot, his has spread to his knee. He's on indocin, I'm on cherries.
2019 Gretsch G9126 432mm
2013 Jeff Medlin '37 Hauser 640mm sp
2006 Michele Della Giustina Concert 10 string 650mm ce
2005 Jose Ramirez 4E 650mm ce
2005 Manuel Rodriguez Model C3F 650mm sp
2003 Manuel Rodriguez Model D 650mm ce

Tarbaby (1953 - 2016)

Post by Tarbaby (1953 - 2016) » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:20 pm

petermc61 wrote:I am sure there are absolutely no restrictions on naming such products. It is not uncommon on this site.
Peter is right, dandan. You may name products here, just don't provide links to commercial websites. :wink:

By the way, I had a bit of a gout problem some years ago and my naturopath recommended Folic Acid tablets. It breaks up uric acid crystals, which can cause gout in the joints. Seems to have worked. Also, I heard it makes it easier to assimilate iron supplements.

Alan

Return to “Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists”