- Type / luthier: Classical guitar by Amalio, Vanessa and Damian Burguet
- Year of construction: 2015
- Scale length (mm): 650
- Nut width (mm): 52
- Top: Canadian cedar
- Bracing: not sure (probably fan)
- Back / Sides: Indian rosewood
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Sound: loud, dark, depends a lot on strings (currently Galli Carbonio)
- Condition: good, used quite intensely for study for about a year, some cosmetic scratches on the back, one tiny dent under the bridge caused by a snapping string
- Price: € 950
- Viewing / trial possible: yes
- Location (nearest city): Ghent, Belgium
On 8 February 2016 I went to Madrid in person especially to buy this guitar at Guitarras de Luthier (because it was much cheaper there than elsewhere and I felt unsure about purchasing it online) after my teacher told me I needed a new instrument to further develop (I was in third grade evening classes then). And she was right! Vanessa made me fall in love deeply with classical guitar. The instrument motivated me to practice much more and more passionately.
Vanessa is a very versatile instrument. It's a loud guitar but with a traditional cedar character. Playing softly on it is a joy because there's such a range. It offers a big contrast between ponticello and tasto. And sounds radically different depending on the strings.
There's a few scratches on the back, mostly caused by a guitar stand and a little dent under the bridge caused by a snapping string. But other than that the guitar is in great shape and a joy to play.
I still very much love this guitar but I promised myself not to start collecting guitars and I'm currently favoring a smaller scale spruce top instrument. So I hope Vanessa finds a new lover who can honor her beauty (and in whom she can stimulate the love she did in me).
Comes with a hard plastic case.
Sound samples: http://olt.lt/media/Vanessa_samples.mp3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.