Tárrega, Francisco - Recuerdos de la Alhambra - D08 Video

Audio and video recordings of the works of Francisco Tárrega.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Tárrega, Francisco - Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Tárrega, Francisco - Lágrima - D05 Video
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
pat coldrick

Tárrega, Francisco - Recuerdos de la Alhambra - D08 Video

Post by pat coldrick » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:13 pm

hi everyone,this is a version of recuerdos i played recently for my friends in my local club id like to share it with you all.the atmosphere on the night was unique,relaxed and special and the intimate setting would have been like maestro tarrega would have experienced when and where he performed many years ago. a nice moment i thought.the video is a little rough but one of my friends just captured this moment.please enjoy the piece.pat

George Crocket

Re: recuerdos de la alhambra performed by pat coldrick

Post by George Crocket » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:44 pm

:bravo:
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

TsarL

Post by TsarL » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:57 pm

Hats off to you - just wonderful!

stevejazzx

Post by stevejazzx » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:36 pm

pat beautiful not only well played but beautifully played. btw am i noticing a step down to a dom 7th chord at 2.58/2.59 that i don't think is in original music sounds great nonetheless

steve

Cary W

Post by Cary W » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:06 am

Thanks for sharing this touching performance, Pat. Was that done before or after a pint of Guinness...or was it Kilkenny? :mrgreen:
2008 Yamaha GC31C Indian/cedar D'Addario EJ46
1987 Yamaha GC-3 Indian/cedar D'Addario EJ45

pat coldrick

Post by pat coldrick » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:46 am

thank you Cary,yes indeed no day is complete without a guinness haha,didnt have one before the concert but certainly had a few afterwards!!thank you im glad you enjoyed it and hope my fellow friends here will also.

lucy

Re: Tarrega, Francisco - Recuerdos de la Alhambra - D08

Post by lucy » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:16 pm

:bravo: Very moving and expressive performance Pat.
You have such a great tremolo too. :casque:

Recently, someone told me that the tremolo technique is the closest to singing the guitar can get, as when it is played well, the melody line doesn't die away (like most notes played on the guitar), but it is sustained.
You certainly made your guitar sing! :merci:
"There is no duty we so much underrate as the duty of being happy.
By being happy we sow anonymous benefits upon the world."
Robert Louis Stevenson

Tarbaby (1953 - 2016)

Post by Tarbaby (1953 - 2016) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:32 pm

Hi Pat,

I've told you in our PMs how much I enjoyed your unique presentation, but hadn't posted here yet.
stevejazzx wrote:...btw am i noticing a step down to a dom 7th chord at 2.58/2.59 that i don't think is in original music sounds great nonetheless

steve
I agree. It's only a minor change, but it works very well! We all know that Barrios, Villa Lobos, and Baden Powell often changed the way they played their own compositions (probably most of the great masters did), so why not?
lucy wrote:Recently, someone told me that the tremolo technique is the closest to singing the guitar can get, as when it is played well, the melody line doesn't die away (like most notes played on the guitar), but it is sustained.
It also allows us to crescendo on a note, like singers and string players do.

When I had the good fortune of attending an Emilio Pujol (the last surviving student of Tarrega) master class in the '70s, one of the students played this for him. Pujol couldn't play anymore, but he sang it to the student with all the crescendos and decrescendos that Tarrega had envisioned. You play it pretty much the way he sang it.

:bravo:

Alan

pat coldrick

Re: Tarrega, Francisco - Recuerdos de la Alhambra - D08

Post by pat coldrick » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:32 am

thank you alan for this lovely comment.i am realy touched by your words and your lovely story about the great Pujol.i would never profess to be the greatest technician in the world but i try and play what i hear and feel inside.i never perform from sheet music and i use my memory and sometimes i get lost in the music and go off the beaten track and add a note or two to the music!its just my way of playing and thank you for accepting this as i get heavily criticised by certain people for this haha.i am so happy after reading your comment that the way i interpreted the melody was similar to the great masters interpretation.ill safley say this is the nicest comment i have ever got and though very pleased im quite humbled by your words.thank you so much and thanks to everyone here that makes what i do so worthwhile.bless you all.

John Pezouvanis

Re: Tárrega, Francisco - Recuerdos de la Alhambra - D08 Video

Post by John Pezouvanis » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:36 pm

Pat you're awesome! :bravo:
:merci:

Piotr

Post by Piotr » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:23 pm

This piece is wonderful and you play it with a great talent! Thank you for posting this! ;)

pat coldrick

Post by pat coldrick » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:32 pm

thank you Piotr,im delighted to be able to share it with you all here.i feel maestro Tarrega was touched by god when he composed this most beautifull piece.

ragnar

Post by ragnar » Mon May 07, 2012 8:40 pm

I really enjoy listening to your Recuerdos performance. It is musical, flowing and tuneful.

ArthurG

Post by ArthurG » Mon May 07, 2012 9:53 pm

:D Superb, Pat! :D

SwedishSarabande

Post by SwedishSarabande » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:07 pm

Really great! I also found the rest of the performance amazing, thanks for posting :)

Return to “Our recordings of Francisco Tárrega”