Tárrega, Francisco - Lágrima - D05

Audio and video recordings of the works of Francisco Tárrega.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Tárrega, Francisco - Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Tárrega, Francisco - Lágrima - D05 Video
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
firedoom

Tárrega, Francisco - Lágrima - D05

Post by firedoom » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:17 am

Greetings, I am kinda new around here. I have heard so many great interpretation of this song on this forum. I would like to share my own. The recording is not perfect. I hope you all would enjoy it, and I would appreciate your comments on how I could improve it. Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Abd El Ghani AZZI

Post by Abd El Ghani AZZI » Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:34 pm

Hi firedoom and thanks for your participation.
Here's how I see things.
You can work on many pieces at the same time. This has the advantage of, allowing you to have a brake from one piece by working on another one. In your case, and in my humble opinion :
You sound very relaxed in you playing I suppose you have been playing the piece for quiet a long time (Please tell me if not ...). Therefore (and this happens to me) you have sort of 'exhausted' your technical abilities on it, and what you need is to look up to the next level, by triying pieces with higher technical requirements. Pick up again the current piece afterwards and you should see a diffrence.
I hope this will help you, and wish you could get more opinions from fellow members.
Nice playing!
Good luck!

owl

Post by owl » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:09 am

Hello firedoom... this is quite well done :okok:
I actually agree with fEZ... you sound a little bored with the piece, and yet at the same time you don't sound very confident.
Perhaps it is time to 'step up' as fEZ says... and then come back to it.
It is not an easy piece to play cleanly so perhaps a little more work on the shifts.

However I enjoyed listening to you... technically you appear to have it down :casque:
I would like to hear an update from you in a month or so :lol:

:merci: for playing for us and keep up the good work.

Joy in the music
Owl
Never, ever give up!... I leave my songprint on your heart.

hav

Post by hav » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:40 am

Hey firedoom!! I like it! Maybe could work a little on the tone - and maybe go for a bit cleaner in terms of notes and tone - but it's obvious you have the piece - none of the typical missed or wrong notes one expects from someone who does not yet have the piece in hand (so to speak)

Thanks for joining us in the OWMP forum as well!!

firedoom

Post by firedoom » Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:52 am

Thanks Fez, Owl and Hav for your valuable comments. Indeed, I played cautiously to try to cut down the number of mistakes. Maybe that disrupted the flow. I will take your advice to try again later after I work on some other pieces. Thanks again!

Matt75

Post by Matt75 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:14 pm

I think you should just think to hell with mistakes and just go for it. There were loads of good things .I could see where you were going with some of the phrasing etc and the tempo could work well if you really dug into some of the phrases.

I enjoyed your interpretation! I'd love to hear the to hell with it version :D

Return to “Our recordings of Francisco Tárrega”