Sor, Fernando - op.31/05

Audio and video recordings of the works of Fernando Sor.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Sor, Fernando - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Sor, Fernando - op.34 L'Encouragement - D08 Duo Video
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
FirminArchambault
Amateur luthier

Sor, Fernando - op.31/05

Post by FirminArchambault » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:45 pm

I would like to share a quick recording I made of this beautiful Etude that I am currently using to practice interpretation, especially phrasing.

I was not at the best of my form when I recorded this piece, but I hope you can still enjoy the energy brought to try to give life to this lovely piece.

As a personal opinion I feel that with Sor etudes, the more you take care of the details in your interpretation, the you will be rewarded as most of the pieces are often very cleverly assembled to allow constitute an endless resource for serious interpretation practice.
1206 Sor.mp3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

powderedtoastman

Re: Sor, Fernando - op.31/05

Post by powderedtoastman » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:20 am

Nicely done! This is a very pleasant bright sound that suits the piece very well.

Perhaps finding a way to "warm" it up for the minor section would be a nice interpretive touch, to make it sound a bit ominous through that stretch, then you can go back to being more resolute and march-like once you circle back around on the D.S. or D.C. or whatever it is.

RHSOldboy

Post by RHSOldboy » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:24 am

I very much enjoyed your performance! Thank you for posting.

FirminArchambault
Amateur luthier

Post by FirminArchambault » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:54 pm

Thank you for your comment Powderedtoastman

I recall you have already commented on my videos/recordings.
Perhaps finding a way to "warm" it up for the minor section would be a nice interpretive touch, to make it sound a bit ominous through that stretch, then you can go back to being more resolute and march-like once you circle back around on the D.S. or D.C. or whatever it is.
I agree with you in the sense that I need to bring more contrast in the B part in E Minor. I feel this part as like a very sad narration, so I will concentrate my work on giving unity and more expressiveness to the sadness of this part.

In the A part at the 9 th and 10 th measures there are two dominants on the up-bit following a down-beat that are immediately followed by a tonic. Those are tricky to play. I need to practice a lot to play this part naturally, In the recording I shared I missed those measures and put an accent on the last tonic...

I also want to try to bring a climax in the part A and part B.

Still lot of work, but I am looking forward to see my interpretation progress, and hope to bring something more refined next time.

FirminArchambault
Amateur luthier

Post by FirminArchambault » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:55 pm

Thank you RHSOldboy

Return to “Our recordings of Fernando Sor”