D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Jono Diel
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:37 am

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

Post by Jono Diel » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:12 am

William Byrd wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:17 pm
Jono Diel wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:14 pm
Bill, I'm not doing any martial arts, though I wish I am. Are you a martial artist?

Jono
I used to do a couple of martial arts. Nowadays I have other pursuits.

Bill
That's interesting! Which kinds of martial arts did you use to do?

When I was in high school, I have tried Tae Kwon Do. Lately, I get most of my physical activity from practicing some mild yoga.

Jono

William Byrd
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 303
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:42 am
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

Post by William Byrd » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:37 am

Jono Diel wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:12 am
William Byrd wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:17 pm
Jono Diel wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:14 pm
Bill, I'm not doing any martial arts, though I wish I am. Are you a martial artist?

Jono
I used to do a couple of martial arts. Nowadays I have other pursuits.

Bill
That's interesting! Which kinds of martial arts did you use to do?

When I was in high school, I have tried Tae Kwon Do. Lately, I get most of my physical activity from practicing some mild yoga.

Jono
I have black belts in both Soo Bahk and Sunmudo, which I learned from a Korean Buddhist monk while living in Seoul. I just noticed the knuckles on your right hand in your videos. It looked like perhaps you had some experience. I also stick with yoga these days, mainly the Yin form, which helps me sleep incredibly well when I do it.
1964 Seizo Shinano No 83
1981 Asturias C 3
1992 Asturias Custom Build
2010 Hiroshi Komori No 35

Jono Diel
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:37 am

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

Post by Jono Diel » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:11 pm

That is very impressive, Bill! I also need to look into Yin yoga.

On the otherhand, which lesson on Classical Guitar
Delcamp are you working on at the moment?

William Byrd
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 303
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:42 am
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

Post by William Byrd » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:22 pm

Jono Diel wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:11 pm
That is very impressive, Bill! I also need to look into Yin yoga.

On the otherhand, which lesson on Classical Guitar
Delcamp are you working on at the moment?
Currently working on lesson 4. I'm going to try and post this weekend. I'm struggling a bit with "The Cockroach." :?
1964 Seizo Shinano No 83
1981 Asturias C 3
1992 Asturias Custom Build
2010 Hiroshi Komori No 35

User avatar
Christopher Langley
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 894
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:59 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

Post by Christopher Langley » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:14 pm

William Byrd wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:22 pm
Jono Diel wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:11 pm
That is very impressive, Bill! I also need to look into Yin yoga.

On the otherhand, which lesson on Classical Guitar
Delcamp are you working on at the moment?
Currently working on lesson 4. I'm going to try and post this weekend. I'm struggling a bit with "The Cockroach." :?
Don't feel bad, it's a relatively hard tune!

:bye:
Let there be songs to fill the air.

Alan Burns
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:19 am
Location: DeWitt, MI

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

Post by Alan Burns » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:23 pm

Hi All,

This marks my seventh day on the forum and it is time to post my first assignment. They say perfection is enemy of the good. Bellow is my my first attempt at the assignments and it is certainly not perfect. I am finding the material very challenging but rewarding. I recorded Old MacDonald and Au Clair de la Lune at 90 bpms. As I practice them, I hope to increase the bpm.

Thanks,
Alan








1981 Kazuo Yairi CY116
SoloEtte #220

User avatar
Christopher Langley
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 894
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:59 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

Post by Christopher Langley » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:42 pm

Excellent submissions Alan!

Slow and steady! I'll take that over up to speed and fumbled any day buddy!

Nice work!
Let there be songs to fill the air.

Alan Burns
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:19 am
Location: DeWitt, MI

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

Post by Alan Burns » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:34 am

Christopher Langley wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:42 pm
Excellent submissions Alan!

Slow and steady! I'll take that over up to speed and fumbled any day buddy!

Nice work!
Thank you for the feedback! Do you think I should keep practicing this before I move on to lesson 2? I figure I can use lesson 1 to review and add new material from lesson 2 to keep moving forward and hopefully catch up before end of course I’m May 2019.
1981 Kazuo Yairi CY116
SoloEtte #220

Jono Diel
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:37 am

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

Post by Jono Diel » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:13 am

Your playing sounds good, Alan. Looking forward to more of your vids!

Jono

User avatar
Christopher Langley
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 894
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:59 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

Post by Christopher Langley » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:04 am

Alan Burns wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:34 am
Christopher Langley wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:42 pm
Excellent submissions Alan!

Slow and steady! I'll take that over up to speed and fumbled any day buddy!

Nice work!
Thank you for the feedback! Do you think I should keep practicing this before I move on to lesson 2? I figure I can use lesson 1 to review and add new material from lesson 2 to keep moving forward and hopefully catch up before end of course I’m May 2019.
Do what you want. Personally, I wouldn't try to play catch up. I like to master all he materials one by one and to move at my own pace.
Let there be songs to fill the air.

Paul Cezanne
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:04 pm
Location: Keene NH USA

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

Post by Paul Cezanne » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:29 am

I tend to push a tiny bit, just to see what is ahead and how hard it is. But not spend too much time on it. That way when I really do "get" to it then I find myself saying, "hey, this used to be really hard, now it's just hard."

William Byrd
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 303
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:42 am
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

Post by William Byrd » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:14 am

If you feel you’re ready, then press on. Welcome aboard.
1964 Seizo Shinano No 83
1981 Asturias C 3
1992 Asturias Custom Build
2010 Hiroshi Komori No 35

Tuan Phan Thanh
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:57 am
Location: Việt nam

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

Post by Tuan Phan Thanh » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:19 am

this is my first assignment, hope will catch up with others soon




William Byrd
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 303
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:42 am
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

Post by William Byrd » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:16 am

Tuan Phan Thanh wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:19 am
this is my first assignment, hope will catch up with others soon
Very good first effort Tuan.

On Au clair de la lune, at the end of the fourth measure, there are two dots followed by two vertical lines.
This means to repeats the first four measures again. Other than that, good work.

BTW...is that a Ryoji Matsuoka guitar you are playing?

Bill
1964 Seizo Shinano No 83
1981 Asturias C 3
1992 Asturias Custom Build
2010 Hiroshi Komori No 35

Tuan Phan Thanh
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:57 am
Location: Việt nam

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

Post by Tuan Phan Thanh » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:03 am

Thank you for your helping information. I know there is lots of mistake. Beside that is tempo is slow. Yes it is no 30 masuoka. I bought it old about 250 usd.

Return to “On-line classical guitar lessons”