D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Tuan Phan Thanh
Student of the online lessons

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

Post by Tuan Phan Thanh » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:03 am

Thank you for your helping information. I know there is lots of mistake. Beside that is tempo is slow. Yes it is no 30 masuoka. I bought it old about 250 usd.

William Byrd

Post by William Byrd » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:01 am

Tuan Phan Thanh wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:03 am
Thank you for your helping information. I know there is lots of mistake. Beside that is tempo is slow. Yes it is no 30 masuoka. I bought it old about 250 usd.
Don't worry too much about the mistakes. Watch everyone's videos. It helps to improve. Great job for your first time and welcome aboard!
1959 Sakazo Nakade
1962 Mitsuru Tamura
1973 Ryoji Matsuoka No 40
1998 G.V. Rubio
2010 Hiroshi Komori No 35

Tuan Phan Thanh

Post by Tuan Phan Thanh » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:12 am

Thank you for your kind words.

Paul Cezanne

Post by Paul Cezanne » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:06 pm

Alan Burns wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:23 pm
I am finding the material very challenging but rewarding. I recorded Old MacDonald and Au Clair de la Lune at 90 bpms. As I practice them, I hope to increase the bpm.

Very nice! I'm finding myself challenged by Old MacDonald. I can play some of the pieces after it, but I've yet to play Old MacDonald through without error unless I really drop the tempo.

Here's my two, including a nice aggravated scowl at the end of Old MacD. (I did about 10 more attempts after that one, all with errors.) It is getting frustrating. Here's A La Claire Fontaine:

and my nemesis, Old Mac Donald.

Paul Cezanne

Post by Paul Cezanne » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:13 pm

Tuan Phan Thanh wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:19 am
this is my first assignment, hope will catch up with others soon
Welcome aboard! I'm jealous of your Old MacDonald. No hints of buzzes or wrong notes or hesitations. Watch the muting though, I though I heard some string sounding when they shouldn't have. Nice steady tempo though. The Open String #2 had some measures slower than others, but MacDonald was nice. There are all sorts of free metronome apps out there, I use one sometimes just to keep me honest. (I have decades of prior music experience, so I have that advantage, but still, I turn the metronome on, its a good tool.)

Tuan Phan Thanh

Post by Tuan Phan Thanh » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:21 pm

Thank you for your encouragement. I find that old mac donal interesting so i play it more often. Muting string is quite chalenging. I have to work on it more. I watched your mac donal it almost done a litle more it will ok.

Alan Burns

Post by Alan Burns » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:39 pm

Tuan Phan Thanh wrote:
Tuan,

I recently joined myselft. I am working on Lesson 2. There is plenty of time to catch up with the rest of the group. I think you had a very strong first submission.

Delcamp's advice on speed (as you will read in lesson 3 of this course) is

"You should not worry about speed when tackling a new piece. At the beginning, such a preoccupation would only hinder you in your progress. It is only once you have mastered the piece within the comfort of a slow tempo, that you can start to think about playing progressively faster until finally you reach the right tempo."

In my case, at my age, it takes me time to master a piece at full tempo. I personally, do not worry about it. It will come in time.

Welcome aboard!
Alan
1981 Kazuo Yairi CY116
SoloEtte #220

Alan Burns

Post by Alan Burns » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:00 pm

Paul Cezanne wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:06 pm
Alan Burns wrote:
I am finding the material very challenging but rewarding. I recorded Old MacDonald and Au Clair de la Lune at 90 bpms. As I practice them, I hope to increase the bpm.
Very nice! I'm finding myself challenged by Old MacDonald. I can play some of the pieces after it, but I've yet to play Old MacDonald through without error unless I really drop the tempo.

Here's my two, including a nice aggravated scowl at the end of Old MacD. (I did about 10 more attempts after that one, all with errors.) It is getting frustrating. Here's A La Claire Fontaine:
When that happens to me I break up the piece into separate smaller pieces and treat each phrase as its own separate piece, then I isolate the problem passages and play those until I can play them at a nice tempo without any problems. When I approach through this divide and conquer strategy, I rarely play the whole piece more than a couple of times during my practice section. It seems to be working for me. I welcome to learn different approaches, as different pieces might need a different approach. What works for you?

Alan
1981 Kazuo Yairi CY116
SoloEtte #220

Christopher Langley

Post by Christopher Langley » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:27 pm

Nice submissions Tuan and Paul.
Christopher Langley wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:15 am
I've decided to start playing with the correct fingers.

Just highlighting my past submission. I think it got overlooked. It hasn't been added to the first post. I noticed the submissions haven't been logged on d01-2 and d01-3 yet.. Might just be a work in progress. Just trying to help!

:merci:

William Byrd

Post by William Byrd » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:40 pm

Paul Cezanne wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:06 pm
Alan Burns wrote:

Hi Paul,

I totally understand your frustration. I struggle with trying to play the pieces perfectly with every lesson. I remember reading somewhere that we should just play through the mistakes. At this stage, none of us are error free. Go slow, and then, even slower. It will seem monotonous, but it will help with learning the pieces and getting your fingers to do the right thing.

Keep up the great work!

Bill
Last edited by William Byrd on Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
1959 Sakazo Nakade
1962 Mitsuru Tamura
1998 G.V. Rubio

William Byrd

Post by William Byrd » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:46 pm

Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:27 pm
Just highlighting my past submission. I think it got overlooked. It hasn't been added to the first post. I noticed the submissions haven't been logged on d01-2 and d01-3 yet.. Might just be a work in progress. Just trying to help!

[/quote]
Hi Christopher,

Just curious what you mean by the submissions being logged.

Bill
1959 Sakazo Nakade
1962 Mitsuru Tamura
1998 G.V. Rubio

Christopher Langley

Post by Christopher Langley » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:06 pm

William Byrd wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:46 pm

Hi Christopher,

Just curious what you mean by the submissions being logged.

Bill
[/quote]

If you will look at the very first post of the lesson you will see that some submissions are starting to be added to the bottom or "logged".

Tuan Phan Thanh

Post by Tuan Phan Thanh » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:23 am

Alan Burns wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:39 pm
Tuan Phan Thanh wrote:
Tuan,

I recently joined myselft. I am working on Lesson 2. There is plenty of time to catch up with the rest of the group. I think you had a very strong first submission.

Delcamp's advice on speed (as you will read in lesson 3 of this course) is

"You should not worry about speed when tackling a new piece. At the beginning, such a preoccupation would only hinder you in your progress. It is only once you have mastered the piece within the comfort of a slow tempo, that you can start to think about playing progressively faster until finally you reach the right tempo."

In my case, at my age, it takes me time to master a piece at full tempo. I personally, do not worry about it. It will come in time.

Welcome aboard!
Alan
Thank you for your advice.

Tuan Phan Thanh

Post by Tuan Phan Thanh » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:26 am

Nice submissions Tuan and Paul.
Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:15 am
I've decided to start playing with the correct fingers.

Thanks. Your submission is very well play too.

SamOxley93

Post by SamOxley93 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:15 am

Theres some great stuff in here, cant wait to get in to it :)

Return to “On-line classical guitar lessons”