D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Robert Drechsler
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:09 am
Location: Tel Aviv, Israel

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

Post by Robert Drechsler » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:37 pm

SamOxley93 wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:15 am
Theres some great stuff in here, cant wait to get in to it :)
Sam you first have to register here te become a student.

https://www.classicalguitardelcamp.com/ ... 41&t=54023

Paul Cezanne
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:04 pm
Location: Keene NH USA

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

Post by Paul Cezanne » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:06 pm

Thanks for the advice. I'll certainly try to look differently at my mistakes now and try not to get so frustrated.

As or the logging, I never knew about it, but it answers one of my nagging questions, just what is a lesson? I see it is covered way back on Page 1. I had no idea. And this also explains why some people are "skipping" videos. They're supposed to. I thought I had to record everything. Too funny...

Alan Burns
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:19 am
Location: DeWitt, MI

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

Post by Alan Burns » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:35 pm

SamOxley93 wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:15 am
Theres some great stuff in here, cant wait to get in to it :)
Welcome aboard Sam! I am looking forward to your submissions!
1981 Kazuo Yairi CY116
SoloEtte #220

Paul Cezanne
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:04 pm
Location: Keene NH USA

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

Post by Paul Cezanne » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:17 pm

My last two for this Lesson 1! Man, I think I'm going slower than expected, I just read "one week," I've been at it way longer than that. But hey, my own pace, I'm fine with that. Here's the last 2 Lesson 1 videos.

I watched this right before typing this. Man, what a great tool. I see now that in Au Clair de la Lune I'm giving a slight pause at the end of each set of 4 measures. That's not right. I hadn't realized I was doing it. I'll watch that in the future and start using the metronome more.





I'll still hang around here, but off to Lesson 2. Man, those exercises look impossible!

William Byrd
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 202
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:42 am
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

Post by William Byrd » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:35 pm

Paul Cezanne wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:06 pm
Thanks for the advice. I'll certainly try to look differently at my mistakes now and try not to get so frustrated.

As or the logging, I never knew about it, but it answers one of my nagging questions, just what is a lesson? I see it is covered way back on Page 1. I had no idea. And this also explains why some people are "skipping" videos. They're supposed to. I thought I had to record everything. Too funny...
Hi Paul,

You'll notice at the beginning of each lesson, Professor Delcamp first has his notes to students, then his videos demonstrating the various pieces, and finally towards the end he lists the following:

I ask you first to work on all these exercises and pieces for one week and then to post your recordings on the forum for:
Jean-François DELCAMP (1956) : CORDES A VIDE - OPEN STRING (page 6)
Anonyme : Old Mac Donald
Anonyme : Au clair de la lune

These are the pieces we are required to post to qualify for the level one exam in May. Posting of the other pieces is optional.

I hope this helps.

Bill
1959 Sakazo Nakade
1962 Mitsuru Tamura
1973 Ryoji Matsuoka No 40
1998 G.V. Rubio
2010 Hiroshi Komori No 35

Alan Burns
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:19 am
Location: DeWitt, MI

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

Post by Alan Burns » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:36 pm

Paul Cezanne wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:17 pm
My last two for this Lesson 1! Man, I think I'm going slower than expected, I just read "one week," I've been at it way longer than that. But hey, my own pace, I'm fine with that. Here's the last 2 Lesson 1 videos.

I watched this right before typing this. Man, what a great tool. I see now that in Au Clair de la Lune I'm giving a slight pause at the end of each set of 4 measures. That's not right. I hadn't realized I was doing it. I'll watch that in the future and start using the metronome more.

I'll still hang around here, but off to Lesson 2. Man, those exercises look impossible!
Well done Paul! Au Clair De La Lune was very clean.
I am still working on the piece for lesson two. See you on the other side.

Alan
1981 Kazuo Yairi CY116
SoloEtte #220

William Byrd
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 202
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:42 am
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

Post by William Byrd » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:42 pm

Paul Cezanne wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:17 pm
I'll still hang around here, but off to Lesson 2. Man, those exercises look impossible!
Listen to Professor Delcamp's videos several times to get the tune somewhat ingrained in your mind before attempting to play it. Refer back to the videos periodically, again, to ensure you are executing it properly.

Excellent job on Au Clair De La Lune.

:bravo:

Bill
1959 Sakazo Nakade
1962 Mitsuru Tamura
1973 Ryoji Matsuoka No 40
1998 G.V. Rubio
2010 Hiroshi Komori No 35

Paul Cezanne
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:04 pm
Location: Keene NH USA

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

Post by Paul Cezanne » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:00 pm

William Byrd wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:42 pm
Listen to Professor Delcamp's videos several times to get the tune somewhat ingrained in your mind before attempting to play it. Refer back to the videos periodically, again, to ensure you are executing it properly.
I just finished that. What a resource I had been ignoring. I'm more of a dive in head first guy I guess but I was certainly missing out by doing so.

And thanks both of you, you both made my evening!

User avatar
Christopher Langley
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 699
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:59 pm
Location: Marthasville, Missouri

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

Post by Christopher Langley » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:37 am

Could my submissions please be added to the exam qualifying submissions section?

If they don't qualify for some reason, I'd like to know so I can fix them.

I feel like the odd one out, I want my name up on the first post! Lol.

Robert Drechsler
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:09 am
Location: Tel Aviv, Israel

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

Post by Robert Drechsler » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:43 am

Christopher Langley wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:37 am
Could my submissions please be added to the exam qualifying submissions section?

If they don't qualify for some reason, I'd like to know so I can fix them.

I feel like the odd one out, I want my name up on the first post! Lol.
Hey Chris,
if i look at your submission at page 1 it says video not available!! maybe that's the reason.

User avatar
Christopher Langley
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 699
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:59 pm
Location: Marthasville, Missouri

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

Post by Christopher Langley » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:22 pm

Robert Drechsler wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:43 am
Christopher Langley wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:37 am
Could my submissions please be added to the exam qualifying submissions section?

If they don't qualify for some reason, I'd like to know so I can fix them.

I feel like the odd one out, I want my name up on the first post! Lol.
Hey Chris,
if i look at your submission at page 1 it says video not available!! maybe that's the reason.
Could very well be. I would edit the post if I could.

I pulled my original submissions off of YouTube due to poor rh fingering.

I resubmitted on page 16. Probably just being overlooked. The exam is still far away. I just want to be in the cool club.

Rafael Corner
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:52 pm
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

Post by Rafael Corner » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:30 pm

Hullo Delcampers,

Here is my first lesson. I had got through it two weeks ago but could just finish recording today. I have not a stool, so my left hand got too high in the first videos, it’s better in the last one. I’m trying to relax finger “a” while using “i,m” but it has been a challenge, so it keeps curling.

:merci:






User avatar
Christopher Langley
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 699
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:59 pm
Location: Marthasville, Missouri

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

Post by Christopher Langley » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:46 pm

Rafael Corner wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:30 pm
Hullo Delcampers,

Here is my first lesson.
You are doing really well Rafael! :bye:

Paul Cezanne
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:04 pm
Location: Keene NH USA

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

Post by Paul Cezanne » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:39 pm

Well done Rafael, being able to play them twice without a mistake? Impressive.

Alan Burns
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:19 am
Location: DeWitt, MI

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

Post by Alan Burns » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:42 pm

Welcome aboard and well done Rafael!
1981 Kazuo Yairi CY116
SoloEtte #220

Return to “On-line classical guitar lessons”