Juan Alvarez Y16C

Shredd

Juan Alvarez Y16C

Post by Shredd » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:33 am

Hi all,

A guitar has come up for sale near where I live that I may be interested in. It is a Juan Alvarez Y16 C 1989 model. The seller hasn’t given any information in the ad but suggested using google to look it up because the detail list is too long for him to write out. Anyway google provides no details on this model.

Does anyone have information or can link me to somewhere I can find out more about it before I contact the seller.

Thanks in advance

Darren
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lovemyguitar

Re: Juan Alvarez Y16C

Post by Lovemyguitar » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:12 pm

Shredd wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:33 am
...The seller hasn’t given any information in the ad but suggested using google to look it up because the detail list is too long for him to write out...
I would not buy a guitar from someone who can't be bothered to provide details, especially if you've asked and this was his response. I'd see that as a big "red flag", and I would avoid it. There are many guitars out there for sale by reputable people who'd be happy to provide you with long lists of details about the instrument(s) in question, thus I'd suggest looking elsewhere.

ronjazz

Post by ronjazz » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:27 pm

Even if the seller is a lazy one, if it's near you, you should go play it. Some of those are very good.
Lester Devoe Flamenco Negra
Lester Devoe Flamenco Blanca
Aparicio Flamenco Blanca with RMC pickup
Bartolex 7-string with RMC pickup
Giannini 7-string with Shadow pickup
Sal Pace 7-string archtop

singlechange

Post by singlechange » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:49 pm

I second ronjazz's idea.
I would suggest calling the seller and speaking. Sometimes, talking is much easier to give out information than writing text. You can also get a good idea about the seller too.
You have long years of playing steel string and electric, so you can make some kind of judgment about sound and playability and condition.
When you test drive the guitar, take some photographs of the headstock, tuning machines, rosette, top, and back and post them here for more advice.
Looking at the label I can see it is an estudio model or student and entry level classical guitar and the "C" indicates the top is made of cedar wood.
Welcome to the forum, Darren.

Return to “Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar”